colours on my screen

empty9091

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone explain why I'm getting these colours on my screen which change depending on which app I'm using its not as noticeable on led photo but I like cinema screen setting. It comes and goes when it likes I've done all screen tests and is fine so thinking it's a software problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Is it when your in bright light? I've noticed my adaptive screen if I'm in the sun and a shadow crosses the screen it adapts

empty9091

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
It's strange so I checked and updated the software this morning. I didn't think it was hardware related with the module tester I tried and it done it once more after couple restarts. Started this morning until it sorted itself eventually after the update

Attachments

• 5454.jpg
    5454.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 27

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's strange so I checked and updated the software this morning. I didn't think it was hardware related with the module tester I tried and it done it once more after couple restarts. Started this morning until it sorted itself eventually after the update

So the OTA resolved the issue for you?

empty9091

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
So far yes but the update was for wifi calling and a few bug fixes I believe. Don't understand why a screen would do that especially being brand new

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a defective screen to me. You should have it replaced.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
So far yes but the update was for wifi calling and a few bug fixes I believe. Don't understand why a screen would do that especially being brand new

Yes. I would see about an exchange. Don't want the phone doing that again in 3 months....

Mi Lindo Pulgoso

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Empty 9091
I had the very same problem. It happened right after i used my s7 with the VR. I called Samsung directly. They emailed me the prepaid postage and now, after five days is on the way back to me. See below for the details given to me by samsung.

DISCOLORATION

Problem found:
LCD BLANK/SEG. MISSING/LINES - NO VIBRATION - PROCESS PART REPLACEMENT

Solution:
REPLACED LCD - REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED COSMETIC

Good luck to you. Back up all your documents and do not send your sd card or your sim card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay who shall I contact Samsung or my service provider?

How new is the phone? Your carrier will usually replace the phone directly if it's been less than 2 weeks, but this can vary with the carrier, and the store reps may also be able to use their own discretion. So try bringing the phone to the carrier store first and show them the problem (or pictures of the problem, if it currently seems resolved). If they can't or won't help, then contact Samsung support in your region of the world. Here's the US site: Contact Samsung Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87