Custom contact notification not working?

SconnieInShorts

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello all! I just received my S7 Edge from work on Tuesday (yay!) and I am loving it. I do have one problem with it though... I've set a custom notification sound for my work's paging system, but it doesn't seem to be working when I receive a text message from that contact, it just plays the default notification. I've also got a custom ringtone set, and that works perfectly fine. Both are downloaded from Zedge, but I've even moved the notification to the phone's "Notifications" folder and tried to set it that way. Restarting the phone doesn't work either.

For the record, I *am* able to hear a sound, but it is the default message sound, not the custom sound I set on the contact. Also using the stock Messages app, not Messages+. The only thing I can think of is that the SMS message looks like it comes from an email, not just a phone number, but I can't imagine that would be the issue because it's all the same contact.

Thanks in advance for any help you offer!

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an older post, but I noticed the same problem on my S7 Edge when I tried to set a custom notification sound for a particular contact. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress