Solving the two phone calendar conundrum

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
OK, so the dual sim phone died so I now sit here with two Samsung S7 edges. One for business and one for personal and thoroughly pissed off that the tech exists to combine these, but we can't use it in the UK. So I am where I am. What is the best plan for calendar synching so I only have one calendar in action across my whole IT system please. I am looking to run the two edges, a windows personal portable running desktop MS Outlook receiving various email addys and a work desktop running MS Outlook receiving emails from a work addy.

So what I really need is a calendar solution that will ideally function on the desktop outlook instances i.e.independant of email addresses, and also on the two phones. I'm open to suggestions please as this sounds a tall order. Many thanks.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Use Google Calendar and sync it to all devices. That's what I do. I have my calendar synced across one phone, 1 tablet and 1 laptop.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi chanchan05, thanks for that. I have found that it is possible to get the google calendar to display in desktop outlook, though I don't think I can synch the two of them. Can Google calendar cope if I get sent things like outlook meeting requests? Many thanks

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends on how you're syncing it. You need an additional program on the PC to sync with Google Outlook. You'd have to handle meeting requests on Outlook to have them show up properly on your phones.