Unable to share post to friend's Facebook wall

MaryS910

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I had iPhones for years and switched to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in June. It's been quite an adjustment but over time, I've managed to appreciate it. Question: On Ios or any computer, you can click on a Facebook post and share to a friend's wall. With the Android app, that option doesn't appear to be available. Anyone know why or if there is a workaround? Thanks!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Share>Write Post>On the blue top bar, it would say 'share to Facebook' with a drop down arrow. Tap that and you'll have an option to 'share to friend's timeline'

MaryS910

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
What I have is a share option on someone's post. When I click it, I have the option to Share post now, write post or Send as message. Under write post, I have only me and then various groups. There is no option to Share to friends timeline like I have on my computer and iPad.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
What I have is a share option on someone's post. When I click it, I have the option to Share post now, write post or Send as message. Under write post, I have only me and then various groups. There is no option to Share to friends timeline like I have on my computer and iPad.
I wouldn't know about that. I don't have such restriction on my 7 Edge.

MaryS910

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I have googled this, checked my FB settings, and deleted and reinstalled the app and still don't have the option to Share on another person's timeline. It is one of the little exasperating things that will probably drive me to iPhone 8 next fall.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have googled this, checked my FB settings, and deleted and reinstalled the app and still don't have the option to Share on another person's timeline. It is one of the little exasperating things that will probably drive me to iPhone 8 next fall.

Here's what I see and have seen on other phones:

ZKW2RAG.jpg

xrhvBBe.jpg

g2scJ0e.jpg

MaryS910

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Those are the options that I get on my iPad, computer and even on my S7Edge when I log into Facebook through Chrome. It's only on the Facebook App for Android that I can't share to a friend's timeline.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Fb took the option away with the recent update.

Edit: nevermind I thought you meant the option to share externally from fb. That's what they took away.