Keeping S7 Edge

jrf456

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
My 14 day return period is up tomorrow and i have decided to keep S7e! This is after having only iphone for the past 7 years and felt it was time for a change. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!!

What are you looking to do? It's a tricky question... too many answers.

Oh, first tip... Go into the Display settings and change the screen density to condensed (unless you got it from Verizon wireless, who inexplicably removed the option)

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!!

What are you looking to do? It's a tricky question... too many answers.

Oh, first tip... Go into the Display settings and change the screen density to condensed (unless you got it from Verizon wireless, who inexplicably removed the option)

What does this actually do... I have a Verizon version so lol

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My advice would be to get a decent case and screen protector (i.e., OtterBox Alpha Glass tempered glass) and enjoy your phone.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android. I think you will be happy with your decision. I would look into getting a third party launcher. So much fun and so many ways to customize. If you are used to jailbreaking iPhones, launchers are kind of like the tweak springtomize. You can change scrolling animations, icon size, remove labels for apps and folders, change folder transparency, change icon packs, change how many icons fit on home screen grid or dock, scrolling docks, add gestures to activate apps and much more. Can't go wrong with Apex or Nova but there are tons of other launchers. My favorites are Apex or Nova.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

From my experience Verizon doesn't remove anything from the phones (that's too complicated for them :p ). Instead they just hide them. With QuickShortcut maker I'd found many of the things they had "removed" on my Note7 (including things like Samsung Cloud). There is probably a way to get to the display control for screen density settings its just a matter of finding it...

My 14 day return period is up tomorrow and i have decided to keep S7e! This is after having only iphone for the past 7 years and felt it was time for a change. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
If you haven't already shut off add-on-ware (ex: DTIgnite) under system apps I recommend you disable them. Try using "basic" for your screen display because that gives the most accurate color representation. Set apps to be shut down after they've been inactive for long periods of time in the power/battery settings area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress