T-Mobile Jump On Demand

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious if anybody on here is using T-Mobile Jump On Demand I just found out about it when I called in to Tmobile asking about some other stuff they didn't really explain it to me when I picked up my S7 Edge just the other day they said I can actually bring this back into the store and get that added on I may have to switch to a different phone because of the IMEI needs to be on a jump on demand initially. It sounds like a neat idea to me for people that like to switch phones often or are just not happy with one but our past 14 days

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
We are using it for all of our lines. I'm not sure what your question is, though. Basically, you can switch phones up to 3 times a year with no money down and just change your payments to the retail price of the phone you're getting.
We've only been on T-mobile since the Note5 release. But, our thoughts were just to upgrade every year when the new Note comes out. Since the recall fiasco, it helps us even more as we have an S7E right now, plan on getting the S8+ (or whatever it will be called) when it comes out and then the next "Note", assuming it doesn't come out with the S8. I'm not positive if they require you to use their insurance or if you have an option. I thought maybe the original Jump required that.
Also, I thought I heard that they were discontinuing the JOD and only grandfathering existing users. Not sure.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
We are using it for all of our lines. I'm not sure what your question is, though. Basically, you can switch phones up to 3 times a year with no money down and just change your payments to the retail price of the phone you're getting.
We've only been on T-mobile since the Note5 release. But, our thoughts were just to upgrade every year when the new Note comes out. Since the recall fiasco, it helps us even more as we have an S7E right now, plan on getting the S8+ (or whatever it will be called) when it comes out and then the next "Note", assuming it doesn't come out with the S8. I'm not positive if they require you to use their insurance or if you have an option. I thought maybe the original Jump required that.
Also, I thought I heard that they were discontinuing the JOD and only grandfathering existing users. Not sure.
As of this morning 611 tmobile said it's an option and I can go into the store. So, I wonder if I get onto it - they probably continue it for those of us on it they simply don't offer it for anyone new wanting it after some certain date. I'll call the store I want to visit to see. I wanted to hear from others using the option of jump on demand. Sounds like a good idea for me too

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The only caveat is you need to re-up after 18 months or pay off the balance. Paying off the balance would mean you want out of JOD or leaving T-mobile. Otherwise, why not re-up?

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to sign up for jump on demand but I keep getting told is for existing jod customers only, that they are trying to phase it out

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have tried to sign up for jump on demand but I keep getting told is for existing jod customers only, that they are trying to phase it out
I went into a local tmobile on my break today and returned the s7 edge that was setup on regular eip-got 2 days ago from another local store. They in turn got a new s7 edge also gold, and setup on jump on demand. I ended up getting $70 back because under j.o.d. I don't need a down pmt

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Are you asking the same person / store each time? Have you tried calling customer service?
611 is the nbr I called that told me about it in detail, then I went into one of the local stores and they also told me about it and got me onto the program.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've called customer service and asked at least 3 different stores and they all say the same thing. Jump on Demand isn't offered as a new service anymore, only for existing JOD customers. I did read somewhere that it is available for people in a certain credit class, but that tmobile discourages offering it and that salesmen don't make s commission on it so they don't want to offer it as well

Last edited:

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile about 2.5 years ago and they explained JOD to me so I decided to go with that as I like the option of being able to switch phones without expensive penalties. From what I remember I can switch 3 phones within one year, each time I make a Jump it costs me $99 ($0 for base model of device)... if I remember correctly. I haven't had to use it though as I've been a Samsung Note user, so I just upgraded once every year.

Since the Note 7 issue though, this may be the first time I take advantage of it. I currently have the S7 Edge, I'll grab the larger version of the S8 (if there is more than one version) when it comes out in Spring and then in Fall time if they come out with a Note variant that's a little larger with a stylus I'll jump to that.

Side note, with T-Mobile I got my unlimited data back, got mobile hotspot and got the binge-on that doesn't affect data as long as I'm using one of the approved video providers (also doesn't count against mobile hotspot to watch on my tablet as long as I use an app version of the video provider). I've been very happy with T-Mobile and haven't had any issues, wish I had switched earlier.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've caked customer service and asked at least 3 different stores and they all day the same thing. Jump on Demand isn't offered add a new service anymore, only for existing JOD customers. I did read somewhere that it is available for people in a certain credit class, but that tmobile discourages offering it and that salesmen don't make s commission on it so they don't want to offer it as well
Ohhh ok. I was wondering if it was credit related, and it's probably a thing that's available but they don't freely offer it for the commission reason. Funny you said you caked them.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile about 2.5 years ago and they explained JOD to me so I decided to go with that as I like the option of being able to switch phones without expensive penalties. From what I remember I can switch 3 phones within one year, each time I make a Jump it costs me $99 ($0 for base model of device)... if I remember correctly. I haven't had to use it though as I've been a Samsung Note user, so I just upgraded once every year.

Since the Note 7 issue though, this may be the first time I take advantage of it. I currently have the S7 Edge, I'll grab the larger version of the S8 (if there is more than one version) when it comes out in Spring and then in Fall time if they come out with a Note variant that's a little larger with a stylus I'll jump to that.

Side note, with T-Mobile I got my unlimited data back, got mobile hotspot and got the binge-on that doesn't affect data as long as I'm using one of the approved video providers (also doesn't count against mobile hotspot to watch on my tablet as long as I use an app version of the video provider). I've been very happy with T-Mobile and haven't had any issues, wish I had switched earlier.
I was thinking the same thing about the S8 maybe jumping to that. Will see...

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I feel bad for the folks who aren't on Jump On Demand. My boss is on the regular Jump program, he used his Jump for the Note 7 as he said he would be fine keeping if for 2 years (with the regular Jump program I guess you have to pay off 50% of the phone before you can Jump again). He is planning on going with the S7 Edge but feels like he is being stuck with a phone he didn't even want for 2 years. He's been with T-Mobile since the 90's so he's going to see if they will bump him to JOD program.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I feel bad for the folks who aren't on Jump On Demand. My boss is on the regular Jump program, he used his Jump for the Note 7 as he said he would be fine keeping if for 2 years (with the regular Jump program I guess you have to pay off 50% of the phone before you can Jump again). He is planning on going with the S7 Edge but feels like he is being stuck with a phone he didn't even want for 2 years. He's been with T-Mobile since the 90's so he's going to see if they will bump him to JOD program.
If he's on regular, he'd have it half paid in 1 year. 2 yes is paid off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non