S7 Edge Charge time over 4 - 6 hours

tastyprawns

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
So the last update to the phone was just an october security update. But post this update the battery drain seems kind of faster and the charge time varies from 15% to 100% is sometimes 4 hours/5 hours and recently 6 hours.

I did do the following things. Blow the usb port, clean the end of the charger(used only the original charger) but none of these worked. Once it did say to please use the original charger for faster results.

Now i just plugged my phone. From 2 hours 30 mins it has gone to say 4 hours 10 mins and now 6h 22 mins for estimated charging time remaining.

the last couple of times its been taking over 6 hrs 22 min to chrge

Ipse_Tase

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Try another fast charger....mine takes a bit over an hour for the same range, heck even wireless charging is only 15-20 min longer.
Might not be your phone but the charger....seeing how you got a warning indicating that the voltage or the charging current are too low.

tastyprawns

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Try another fast charger....mine takes a bit over an hour for the same range, heck even wireless charging is only 15-20 min longer.
Might not be your phone but the charger....seeing how you got a warning indicating that the voltage or the charging current are too low.

hey this question redirected to you or anyone else. You say it takes a bit over an hour(is this because fast charge is enabled)
How long does it take to charge from 10 - 100% without fast charge
& how long does it take with fast charge?

also the customer care said try booting in safe mode and see if this works. I went into safe mode. Tried charging and it has dropped from 6 hours 15 mins to charge ... To just 2 hours 10 mins to charge.

He says maybe some rogue app? This is going to be very frustrating. How do i figure which is the rogue app : (

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Normal charging takes me 1hr 20min from 40%-100%, so 2hrs seems ok.

If safe mode charges fine, I agree with the rogue app diagnosis.

issabelle

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
So the last update to the phone was just an october security update. But post this update the battery drain seems kind of faster and the charge time varies from 15% to 100% is sometimes 4 hours/5 hours and recently 6 hours.

I did do the following things. Blow the usb port, clean the end of the charger(used only the original charger) but none of these worked. Once it did say to please use the original charger for faster results.

Now i just plugged my phone. From 2 hours 30 mins it has gone to say 4 hours 10 mins and now 6h 22 mins for estimated charging time remaining.

the last couple of times its been taking over 6 hrs 22 min to chrge

issabelle

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site

hi! I have the same problem right now, mine takes up to 12 hours to charge. I went back to the store where I got my phone. They said I had to reset my phone, use it again but without anything else downloaded on it. If it doesn't work, I have to get a new battery.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The first thing to check is to see if you do have some app pulling a lot of battery. Settings / Device Maintenance / Battery and then look at the App Power Monitor. That shows, in descending order, what apps are the most hungry for juice in general. If you see something in that list you don't need at all, uninstall or disable it. If you do need it but don't care if you get notifications from it when you aren't in the app, check it and hit the FIX NOW button.

Slow charging is also a possible symptom of a battery that is on its way out, as well. As the chemistry slowly fails, it simply cannot take the electrons on board as quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch