s7 edge phone is so so slow...

A

AC Question

Is it me or samsung galaxy s7 edge (and the s6 edge) is so slow... I have to admit that my iphone friend can pull out stuff way quicker (go to chrome/ send a text/ go to gallery). I don't even have that many apps, and memory is far to be full. I reseted twice, what could it be ?

also, the messaging app is as always very very slow, and this forever. any solutions for this ?

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Is it me or samsung galaxy s7 edge (and the s6 edge) is so slow... I have to admit that my iphone friend can pull out stuff way quicker (go to chrome/ send a text/ go to gallery). I don't even have that many apps, and memory is far to be full. I reseted twice, what could it be ?

also, the messaging app is as always very very slow, and this forever. any solutions for this ?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Feels like you're trolling. This phone is very fast and on par with my iPhone 7 plus.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Feels like you're trolling. This phone is very fast and on par with my iPhone 7 plus.

Not sure what planet you're on or what's wrong with your 7 plus. There is no way this phone is anywhere near as quick as the 7 plus. I've had both side by side for a few months. I still prefer the S7 Edge because from a practical point of view, it's quicker to get things done thanks to Nova launcher, it's screen is leagues better than the iPhone, I prefer Samsung Pay, I love wireless charging, and I prefer Android by a mile. But the iPhone 7 Plus is monstrously quick, and the S7 Edge just seems to get more and more laggy by the day.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what planet you're on or what's wrong with your 7 plus. There is no way this phone is anywhere near as quick as the 7 plus. I've had both side by side for a few months. I still prefer the S7 Edge because from a practical point of view, it's quicker to get things done thanks to Nova launcher, it's screen is leagues better than the iPhone, I prefer Samsung Pay, I love wireless charging, and I prefer Android by a mile. But the iPhone 7 Plus is monstrously quick, and the S7 Edge just seems to get more and more laggy by the day.

I'm not sure what you are doing to your S7 but mine is very quick. I like them both but it's sure not slow as suggested.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah speed isn't an issue with the S7 unless you have it loaded down with apps or there's something wrong with your phone. It isn't as smooth as a Pixel or iPhone, but what is really?

dew066

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site

Hi, have you turned off animations in developer options? When you do that and then reboot the device you will notice a difference.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
....and the S7 Edge just seems to get more and more laggy by the day.

This used to happened with my S2, S3 and S4. Seems like they still haven't fine tuned that part of TW. My LG's haven't had such problems but hardware has been their issues unfortunately. I feel like from a consumers standpoint we've been getting shafted.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine has always been fast. It was lagging for a bit after the update but I cleared cache and it is fast again.

Same here. Never really had any major issues with my S7E. Can't even think of any minor issues at this point.

I own an iPhone 7 and the S7E. I always go back to the Edge. IPhone bores me. Not that iPhones are bad, but I just prefer my Edge.

I also have done side by side comparisons with the 2 phones and the problem I usually have with the iPhone is that I have to click most icons twice. I've not had 1 app on my iPhone open quicker than on my Edge. Same with web pages. Some apps on iPhone seem to be a little more "refined" than on Android but nothing enough to make me switch from Android.

Again, I own both and use both. I'm not bashing either. Both are good phones. I just prefer my Edge most of the time.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I own both as well...If I could get iMessage and "FindmyiPhone" on the S7E, I would never look back. But rest of fam has iPhones, so it a pain.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I own both as well...If I could get iMessage and "FindmyiPhone" on the S7E, I would never look back. But rest of fam has iPhones, so it a pain.

That's one of the things that keeps me bouncing back and forth. My wife has an iPhone and when our grand daughter comes over she likes to FaceTime me. iMessage is another thing. I think my Verizon protection plan has a FindMyiPhone type of program included. I won't swear to it but I think that's what they told me. May be worth looking into.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I'm genuinely curious: what do people find appealing about iMessage. My wife and many people I work with have iphones. We text back and forth all the time, I never felt like I was missing anything. What am I (are we) missing because I don't have imessage?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the bigger things is the ability to send a video right in iMessage. With MMS, there's a measly 1 MB or so attachment limit, so any video will be compressed down to a useless collection of low-res blocks. Android users generally have to upload their videos to YouTube or Google Photos, then share the link.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
It really comes down to just a few things:
  • Ability to see status of message (read, delivered..etc) also, seeing them replying real time
  • Platform - can use imessage across ipad, mac, iphone
  • multimedia features...chock full of stuff now, not to mention the video size limit metioned here
it is tough, these are not huge differences, but you feel it when you don't have them. you miss them...wish I could get iMessage on android, much like I do with every other app, including Apple Music.