How does the S7's always-on screen prevent burn-in?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
how does the S7's always-on screen prevent burn-in?

I've seen so many S6 and Note 5 with burned-in AMOLED screen, especially words or notification icons that remained on the screen for way too long...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: how does the S7's always-on screen prevent burn-in?

As someone who's owned nearly every AMOLED S-phone and Note Samsung has come out with (I skipped the S5 and S6 in favor of Note variants), I can say I've never seen any burn in. That being said, it is a valid concern and one I hadn't considered. I do hope they make this an optional feature though. No matter how 'dim' this is, I'd hate to have it always on in dark places like movie theaters.

The clock will always move, and maybe the notifications would scroll? I still wouldn't be concerned about it though if I were to use it.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

As someone who's owned nearly every AMOLED S-phone and Note Samsung has come out with (I skipped the S5 and S6 in favor of Note variants), I can say I've never seen any burn in. That being said, it is a valid concern and one I hadn't considered. I do hope they make this an optional feature though. No matter how 'dim' this is, I'd hate to have it always on in dark places like movie theaters.

The clock will always move, and maybe the notifications would scroll? I still wouldn't be concerned about it though if I were to use it.

It is also smart so if it's in a pocket or purse or face down (covering the sensor) it won't turn on.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I haven't seen any burn in either on any of my Galaxy devices. And yes the information is moving around, to avoid burn in.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
how does the S7's always-on screen prevent burn-in?

I've seen so many S6 and Note 5 with burned-in AMOLED screen, especially words or notification icons that remained on the screen for way too long...

The information on the screen moves around periodically to prevent burn in.

Posted via the Android Central App

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I haven't seen any burn in either on any of my Galaxy devices. And yes the information is moving around, to avoid burn in.

so it will move around like a 1980s computer screensaver? :) good to know.. one less thing to worry. :)

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

so it will move around like a 1980s computer screensaver? :) good to know.. one less thing to worry. :)

I'd say more like a 1990s computer screensaver. Not many computers in the 1980s were that sophisticated.

Posted via the Android Central App from my LG G4