Where are these text messages from

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
94183571... It's too long to be a short code, especially in the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_code

It must be the Long Number form and may be a notification from your carrier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_number

The hyperlink portion of the message is a US phone number. You should remove that attachment for the reason being that you are displaying someone's phone number on a public forum... I'm also reporting to Mods so they can remove.

If you post again, mask that information, please.

Does that number look familiar to you? Lookup suggests it is a Sprint cell phone near Virginia Beach, VA.

Could it be a friend trying to text you with an attached file?

Have you tried texting "stop" as a reply?

Have you called your carrier and asked about this?

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hmm that looks like a mac address, compare it to your actual address, if it is I would reset cause that is not something you want exposed ever.

Casteelersfan

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I got mine to go away. I called my provider (att) told them about the message. They suggested check software for update. There was one. Did update and it didn't solve the problem. The customer service person called me to check and told them no. They told me they would try to disconnect me from the network and reconnect and during that time to shut phone off for 30 seconds and reboot. Did that they called and asked and message did not appear again. They said it had something to do with the network.

So try calling your provider and tell them about the message see if they can try the network disconnection/reconnection.

AmandaRose64

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
My phone has done the same thing. (I have Cricket... carrier doesn't matter)

If you parse the message, You will see it is sending the phone model, phone number, the Android version (6.0.1) and then another thing that looks like a carrier number. This happens to be exactly the same as the version of the Visual Voicemail app that was preloaded on our phones.
It seems that when the phone reboots/restarts the Visual Voicemail app is trying to report something to your carrier. I had not opened the Visual Voicemail app since getting my phone last week, so what I did was open the app, and let it do it's setup routine. Now, when I reboot the phone, I no longer see these backend messages in my Messaging app. They may still be being sent, but I believe they are now being masked from view. I don't see them anymore. Try running the Visual Voicemail app and go through its set up process. It may stop these messages from being seen anymore.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty