otterbox defender

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, for those of you that have the defender, how do you like it? I'm thinking about getting it. I work construction in the dirt all day, is it good for that

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I got it for my S7 and it's better than past ones. The outer rubber is tighter and the screen protector fits pretty flush with the screen. A lot better than past ones which are hit and miss in quality.
I would also check out the Poetic Revolution when it comes out for the S7. I had it for the s6 and Note 5 and it's better than otterbox. Incipio also makes a level 5 protection case that looks similar to a Defender that is coming out soon. And also the Artech 21 case is on amazon and is also very good. Right now the Defender only real good drop protection case currently out there since the S7 is so new. The ones i listed above should be out within the next month according to Amazon.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It has one. I have made it a point to use the Defender on all my Galaxy S devices. So far, it is worth getting. The camera well is still pretty deep. The back and sides have a textured surface that provides for a ride good grip. The edges protrude slightly giving a slight bumper surrounding the entire device. The back follows the curved edges making the GS7 feel really great in the hand.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It has one. I have made it a point to use the Defender on all my Galaxy S devices. So far, it is worth getting. The camera well is still pretty deep. The back and sides have a textured surface that provides for a ride good grip. The edges protrude slightly giving a slight bumper surrounding the entire device. The back follows the curved edges making the GS7 feel really great in the hand.

Unfortunately it isn't available for the S7 Edge.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it isn't available for the S7 Edge.

Update. Just looked on site. Looks like the Commuter may be available soon. Curious that a Defender wasn't made for the GS6E. Guessing Ballistic may make a GS7E case?

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Update. Just looked on site. Looks like the Commuter may be available soon. Curious that a Defender wasn't made for the GS6E. Guessing Ballistic may make a GS7E case?

Ballistic makes the jewel and Urbanite select cases for the S7 Edge

http://www.androidcentral.com/ballistics-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge-cases-combine-protection-and-style

The commuter case is in stock in some colors now.

I don't think that a defender would be made for the S7 Edge, at least not anytime soon... It isn't mentioned in the press release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87