Locked out of Samsung s7 with fingerprint lock, says try again in 60 minutes! Help

Seagoat901

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my galaxy S7. Several times a week I will get the message "Try again in 60 seconds, or lately "Try again in 60 minutes" when I try to fingerprint unlock, even on the first try. It will also say the same thing when I try to swipe and don't get the option to put in my password. I have cycled the phone and the timer just keeps going. It is becoming a pain in the bohunkus. Not a happy camper. :(

Gogui ROCK77

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Edge didn't recognize my fingerprint, after a few attempts it asked for the pattern password but I forgot my pattern, so it made wait for 3min then 5min and so long until now that is 60min. I've been trying a different pattern every hour for 24hrs.
It didn't give me the "forgot password" option or the google account option. So I tried the Android Device Manager, but it didn't work. I entered "abcd" as the recovery password,but my phone is only showing me the pattern option, So I tried "12345" and my phone only shows me the pattern option.
So, every 60mins it shows me the pattern option with a message that reads, "Draw pattern now and register a fingerprint later' or something like that, sorry I just tried again 10min ago...

Mounisha Vattikuti

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I brought samsung galaxy j7 prime 2 weeks back . 1st week i didnt face any issues . But while im trying to unlock tha phone first time in morning its showing like try again in 60 minutes and today also i faced the same issue and again i tried after half an hour it showed like try again in 30 minutes and i put it aside and again tried after 2 hrs it again showed try after 60 minutes... did any know the solution to this ..plz share ur solution if u had any

fighting the world

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes log into your Samsung account and lock the phone it will ask for a password and set the new password up yu cN also retrieve all data this way to.

I´m facing same situation. I locked my S7 with finger print and when the phone reinitiated I had to place my password.The issue is that I forgot it. I log in android manager online and I try to unlocked the phone but the only option is to lock it.
Is there any way to unlock the screen without reseting the phone and losing the information?

If you have forgotten the details of your lock screen settings, such as your PIN or pattern, you can reset it by enabling the Unlock my device function via the Find My Mobile service.
*†*from Samsung website

even i face the same issue!!
SERIOUSLY IT SUCKZZZ!!
PLZ HELP ME OUT:-:':)(

Last edited by a moderator:

LG_G5

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm up to 30 minutes wait and I only get one attempt now and then the wait period gets longer. Why am I not offered the keyboard to enter my password? How do I get this phone to do so? S7 G935U

Wade Preston

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I have a J7 Prime and every so often when I try to open the phone it will show that it is locked and I need to wait sometimes 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, or even 60 min to get into the phone. If I realize this right away, I can usually draw the pattern and get it open. Then everything will be fine for while. The it all happens again. I love the the fingerprint option for unlocking the phone, but this issue is a big problem. Is there some kind of update for the fingerprint reader? What can be done to correct this issue?

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
If you have a Samsung account and you set it up on the phone when you set up the phone ten log in from a computer or something and you can change the password remotely bypassing existing pSssord and stuff. Text me when u got it [number redacted by Mod] don't worry it's a daily. Number I change daily

i have the same problem can you explain what you mean

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Just bought a new Sansung s7 and my fingerprint lock will not let me in! I have not even seen the contents yet! How to change back to factory ? Help!
Did it recently update to Nougat? If so, you might have to redo the print learning. That happened to me
Now it is fine.

Claddagh143

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I just got a replacement s7 edge yesterday and set everything up yesterday with the fingerprint and pattern. Today when I try to get on the phone it tells me "Try again in _ minutes". It started at 5, then 30, now 60. I can restart my phone and draw the pattern, but if I am not actively using it for a minute, it locks back up and I have to restart. Again. I don't have access to a computer or another account right now and when I look at the settings on my phone everything seems right. So why is there a timed lockout?

superkraut

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi all

Having the same problem, I tried every known password to me, and it still wont me log into the Fingerprint screen. Any way I can bypass this?? Its ridiculous that for such an expensive device Samsung can not offer a better service. Called the Wembley Service Centre and that must have been the most friendliest guy I ever talked to in a service centre. He said factory reset is all, he cant do more for me.

motnolnoc

Jan 14, 2018
Visit site
This happened to me last night at the very worst possible time. Midnight coming home! I couldn't order a cab and had to take 3 buses plus wait, it took me 2-3 hours to get home.

Thank you S7

I am very very seriously thinking of either never using my mobile again or else only ever when it is strictly necessary. To say I'm very angry doesn't even begin to cover this.

Shannon Mendenhall

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue with my s7 I ordered my subway didn't have my wallet went to pay with my phone it said i was locked out for 3 mins counted down to 0 then 30 mins with only touching fingerprint scanner once then 60 mins. This seems to happen a few times a week I watch it get to 0 touch the button then locked again.

Rolandsmith6968

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how I can Unlock my Samsung Galaxy S7I put finger print in but when the phone restarted it told me I had to punch in my password which I don't remember because I've always used finger print and I don't wanna delete all the data I have voicemails from my Uncle when he passed away and pictures any help would be greatly appreciated .

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, all my Samsung phones offer other means of unlocking if the finger print fails... Maybe take the device to a Samsung shop and have them help you unlock, then set up the security so you have a secondary means if you cut your finger, or it's wet or whatever...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez