galaxy s7 speaker sounds distorted and horrible after trying out waterproof feature

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
so i just got my galaxy s7 and as a curious person i wanted to try out the waterproof feature that was added to the galaxy s7 to see if it would really work and as it turns out it did but now my speakers sound really horrible and distorted, is this normal or or not, if this is normal what should i do and if not should i have my phone checked out ans replaced? saw some websites claiming this is normal but i rather have more advice

Posted via the Android Central App

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey,
You may have found the sound to be back to normal by now because the speaker should have dried out by now.
I read this here a while back.
Good luck.
Just don't let juice or milk get in/on the speaker and dry there...

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the speakers don't sound better when they dry out, remember - it's a water-reistant phone, not a waterproof phone. It can be in water, but putting it into water or pouring water on it can exceed the pressure limitations and water can get in - which is NOT covered by the warranty. A waterproof phone would be warrantied against water damage (some of the old Nextels were).

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I use mine regularly in the shower. It always sounds like that for a hour or so before it dries out. Don't worry about it to much. I wouldn't blow on it or anything like that though. Just air it out.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
One wonders what you do in the shower with a $1000 smartphone.... one poster on here takes his to the sauna! And then wonders why it no longer works.... sheesh....!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch