always on display

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Let's just see what happens in the next few months/years on these forums. If many people are reporting screen burn in from their real world usage (whether with AOD enabled or disabled), then we will have something more to talk about. I'll be sure to report any screen burn in.

I've had AMOLED phones since the S2 and not once have I had image retention issues on any (at least 1 year of use each). And on the S2 I had NoLED, which had all notification icons floating around the screen when on standby, not unlike AOD.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I only use it at night when its on my fast charger while I'm sleeping. That way if I wake up in can just look over and see what time it is. Pointless to use during the day.

Posted via the Android Central App

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I only use it at night when its on my fast charger while I'm sleeping. That way if I wake up in can just look over and see what time it is. Pointless to use during the day.

Posted via the Android Central App

You manually turn it on every night and off every morning??

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
You can, it's just not the same AOD, it's an edge night clock. Much better for night and you can set the time it goes on and the time it goes off.
Yeah I know about that feature. I don't need it at night either, I just want it for when I'm at the gym in the mornings since I don't wear a watch. Great feature to have when your working out and crunched on time before heading to work

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I do hope that an update will occur in the future which allows more configurability of the AOD. For example, being able to configure brightness, time when it comes on or off, and configure how exactly the AOD pixels move with time.

But in my opinion, even if the above features aren't added, the way it currently works "out of the box" is satisfactory. And to be honest, perhaps it's better the way it is now - one less thing to "potentially" configure in our busy lives!

Vivek31

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I actually like it. It's a clock that I can put on my end table. Notifications don't show cause I'm not using Samsung apps, which I'm OK with. Don't really need that. I just wish it had a night mode of sorts to set the on/off time.

maximus216

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I just got my S7 a few days ago. The Aways On Screen is kinda of a joke compared to Motorola's. I didn't trade in my Droid Maxx but i'm missing several things about it. The none slip back, active screen, and believe it or not, the battery like seems to be better than the S7! . So, I'm not sure what i'm going to do.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Wish you can program it when to go on/off. Lol I don't need it during the day either

You're in luck! Samsung just updated it to have a start and stop time.

Now if they would just add brightness and 3rd party app access that would be nice. Also unlike most people I actually would prefer it to move around a bit more than one pixel. It would be quite difficult to tell if it was malfunctioning with such subtle movement.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty