How are them home buttons doing?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey all! I got the S7 today. Silver. Really loving it. Although I came from the S6 edge and the only differences I'm feeling are in the hardware and design. It performs exactly the same as my S6 edge. It was fast. As is this one.

Anyways. I've seen heard read reports on the home button scratching up pretty badly. With paint peeling off and discoloration. This was the only reason I was hesitating to get the S7. I have major OCD and baby my phones and scratches scratch the heck out of me. I have only used it for a day and I see a tiny scratch and a dot on it already :p

I've noticed that maybe it's because I clean my screen by rubbing the phone on my belly :D I think most of us do that. Do we?

So my question is that after months of use, how are your home buttons doing? Scratches? Paint peeling? Discoloration? All good? Should I be worried? No? Yes?

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! I got the S7 today. Silver. Really loving it. Although I came from the S6 edge and the only differences I'm feeling are in the hardware and design. It performs exactly the same as my S6 edge. It was fast. As is this one.

Anyways. I've seen heard read reports on the home button scratching up pretty badly. With paint peeling off and discoloration. This was the only reason I was hesitating to get the S7. I have major OCD and baby my phones and scratches scratch the heck out of me. I have only used it for a day and I see a tiny scratch and a dot on it already :p

I've noticed that maybe it's because I clean my screen by rubbing the phone on my belly :D I think most of us do that. Do we?

So my question is that after months of use, how are your home buttons doing? Scratches? Paint peeling? Discoloration? All good? Should I be worried? No? Yes?

Not a single blemish in any of my 4 S7 and S7 edge, have them since release date. Just get a little microfiber towel or little cleaner cloth and avoid rubbing it with rougher surfaces and it should be fine.

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That's good to hear. Have you guys been taking "a lot" of care or is it still good by itself?

Nah, just using it as it is. Based on my 6 year old Galaxy S and 2 and a half year old Note 2, my usage doesn't lead to phone damage anyway.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
That's a 100% success rate wow wasn't expecting that to be honest. Good I like that. Although, no I think I've seen just too many bad units to like that just yet.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Still looking good as new here too. It does ride in my pocket more than any other phone I've owned
This is mostly due to the fact I haven't found the perfect case yet...

I have seen a couple pics of scratched up home buttons, but I'm fairly sure (knock on wood) that as long as they don't come in contact with abrasive surfaces (only fingertips) they should be fine :)

If mine should ever start scratching off ?????? I'd probably take something like 8000 grit sandpaper to it and just even it up!! In reality, I know that's probably a horrible idea.....

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Still looking good as new here too. It does ride in my pocket more than any other phone I've owned
This is mostly due to the fact I haven't found the perfect case yet...

I have seen a couple pics of scratched up home buttons, but I'm fairly sure (knock on wood) that as long as they don't come in contact with abrasive surfaces (only fingertips) they should be fine :)

If mine should ever start scratching off 🤔 I'd probably take something like 8000 grit sandpaper to it and just even it up!! In reality, I know that's probably a horrible idea.....

NOOOOO DON'T EVER DO THAT MAN I'VE DONE THAT TO MY S6 I TOOK THE FINEST SAND PAPER BUT STILL IT DESTROYED THE BUTTON. Thank fully I got rid of that S6 and got the S6 edge. Don't man. Don't. Just don't:p