S7 wont sync with exchange calendar

SkylarA

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, so long story short, I have a Galaxy s7 that wont sync the calendars from an exchange account. However, this same account will sync up on a different device. i have tried deleting the account and reapplying it, i have tried flipping the sync option off and back on with the calendar. at this point it gives me the error : sync is currently unavailable, please try again later. any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you certain the server information is correct? This being an Exchange account, are you sure your server doesn't have a device registration limit? For instance, at my office, I can't have more than 4 devices active at the same time, so phone, tablet, work computer and personal phone are all that I can have active at a time. If I want to add it to another device (and some apps, like Nine, count as a different device), I need to go into my account settings at work and de-register some devices.

SkylarA

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I have entered this information about 20 times, in the hopes that it was wrong. The last time I entered the information, I set it up on a tablet immediately afterwards, the tablet synced up in a matter of moments. Both devices currently retain the information, tablet stays up to date, while the phone continues to tell me that sync is unavailable.

kiama_2533

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like a server setting issue along the similar lines of either imap or pop account issue.
Check settings on your PC against your phone settings, the answer may be in there.

Posted via the Android Central App

SkylarA

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
how would i check the settings from outlook? we use microsoft oultook to access all of our info. but we have a third party host our email. as such everything comes off of the hotmail servers. the reason ive posted this here is that it seems to be only this one device that has this issue. i have been able to add this calendar and all subscribed calendars to multiple other devices, it continues to be this one that gives me issues.