S7 does not have 4G option on Network mode

Alex Evans1

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I bought a factory unlocked S7 in Canada and brought it home to the UK. The phone is amazing except for the fact that it cannot connect to the 4G network, and can only supply 3G data usage to me. Is there any way to fix this? I've been into my nearest Samsung store for a software update but they say I need to visit a Canadian Samsung store. Obviously I'm not going to pop across the pond just for the sake of a faster connection, but I thought it worth a try trying to fix is myself. Any ideas?

Alex Evans1

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm with Three but the first Sim I put in it was Virgin. Three have told me I need a software update from Samsung. Which led me on the goose chase to discover I need to go to Canada for that! haha

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, you best to buy the phone in the region you live as the frequency allocations vary. The unlocked part just means it's not locked to any network, that doesn't change the radio at all.

Alex Evans1

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Thing is it didn't use 4g while I had it in Canada, even though it's predecessor the S3 did have it on the same sim card. That same phone was a Canadian phone bought in Canada two years previously and had successfully used 4G in the UK, Norway and all over South America. So I'm thinking its not radio bands, the setting itself isn't there. I've seen a potential fix for the same problem for and S5 but the same process didn't work on my phone.
And Mr Mehta, I got it in Canada, not the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty