I'm so done. Galaxy S7 not phone for me..

passion4tech

Banned
Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I hope the samsung president reads this. This phone is just not for me. #1 This phone's build material glass is so fragile. I rarely took s7 out of case and now I have pretty deep scratch on back of s7 unbelievable! I only put s7 on hard surface for a short amount time to take sd card out. Samsung next time use more durable material like metal on HTC. #2 Touchwiz is once again sluggish full of bloatware. Sure touchwiz has improved but its still not quite great because its still sluggish, bloatware, and a memory resource hog. Also my charger cable has tear! Come on are you kidding samsung?! Please use better durable material in your products including charger cables accessories etc. So now I'm tired of s7 plus it is a pain in *** to root. I did not have much difficulty rooting my previous phone HTC One M8. Don't get me wrong. The Galaxy S7 is a great phone but not perfect and not for me. I'm switching to HTC 10. Quick question, How do you transfer or backup sms samsung app texts to another phone like HTC?

Screenshot_20161024-153221.jpg

Screenshot_20161024-204748.jpg

Screenshot_20161024-143050.jpg

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that your messages will sync. If not, you can use an SMS backup app and it will save them into a file you can transfer over. I'm not sure if Google Messenger saves them to your Gmail cloud or not. I can't remember.

I've also been looking at the HTC 10 as a replacement phone should my LG G4 go into the dreaded bootloop. The S7 was looking like a viable option, but I've never been a fan of glass backed phones plus the fact that Gorilla glass 4 is known to scratch easier. Although it is more shatter proof. Also I've never had as a strong of a cell signal with any Samsung phone I've owned compared to others I've owned and used on the same carrier.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I hope the samsung president reads this. This phone is just not for me. #1 This phone's build material glass is so fragile. I rarely took s7 out of case and now I have pretty deep scratch on back of s7 unbelievable! I only put s7 on hard surface for a short amount time to take sd card out. Samsung next time use more durable material like metal on HTC. #2 Touchwiz is once again sluggish full of bloatware. Sure touchwiz has improved but its still not quite great because its still sluggish, bloatware, and a memory resource hog. Also my charger cable has tear! Come on are you kidding samsung?! Please use better durable material in your products including charger cables accessories etc. So now I'm tired of s7 plus it is a pain in *** to root. I did not have much difficulty rooting my previous phone HTC One M8. Don't get me wrong. The Galaxy S7 is a great phone but not perfect and not for me. I'm switching to HTC 10. Quick question, How do you transfer or backup sms samsung app texts to another phone like HTC?

View attachment 244041

View attachment 244042

View attachment 244043

I had the HTC 10 and it's battery life is worse when WiFi is on as they have a serious hardware issue in their WiFi module. Their camera sucks as well, you'd be lucky to get a decent shot unless your hand is like rock steady, it's not as easy to point and shoot as it is with the S7.

Unfortunately, there are no phones on the market right now that interest me so I have to stick to this S7 and deal with its horrible battery life.

I have an iPhone SE which gives me 2 days of battery life easily but its camera sucks and I don't like the iPhone 7 line as they have screen yellow tint issues and the GPU hissing noise when under load. Phones these days have no quality control.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had my S7 since launch. Not a single scratch on the back. it's in a very thin TPU case. When I take it out of the case and wipe it clean it looks like it just came from the factory. oh, and it's not sluggish. the only real issue I had was a while back I had to do 3 FR to get the BT working with my Toyota. Never figured out the cause, but the 3rd FR did the trick. Everything else about the phone works as advertised.

passion4tech

Banned
Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Really? Phoenix I am familiar with HTC Devices. I heard great things about HTC 10. So does the HTC 10 at least have better battery life and camera than HTC One M8?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. If you use metal, you can't have wireless charging.

2. I would advise Helium to back it up since you can't use Samsung's backup methods.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Humm, I only see 11 posts to this thread (OP is Oct 27, 2016). No where near 27 pages! :eek:
Good luck finding a "perfect" phone. And if you do, please let us know which one it is :)
My S7 isn't perfect but it's darn close ;)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So I believe the HTC 10 will be a great phone for me especially since I had a previous htc one M8. HTC 10 is huge improvement compared tp M8. I should be happy with HTC 10. This video proves the Galaxy S7 is too fragile and can easily break out of case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS3NLCPK4NI
Wel it's glass. What did you expect? Samsung had to choose between metal or wireless charging. They chose the latter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87