Anybody tried Samsung Good Lock on their S7?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded it last night from the Samsung app store expecting it to just be a way to customize the lock screen - which it is. But it also totally redoes the notifications shade. After some tweaking with all the many options and color/theme settings, I think I got it to where I want it.

I tried it out because I had some widgets that were set to update On Unlock, but because I was using a 3rd party lock screen (Next), the widgets somehow didn't know the screen had been unlocked so they didn't update. They did update with the stock lock screen, but I wanted more options than the stock lockscreen offered.

The Good Lock gave me all the options I wanted on the lock screen (and more!), and my widgets update quickly and promptly on unlock now. The shade changes were what took some getting used to and took some customization and experimenting. I turned off many of the features I simply wasn't interested in, and that helped a great deal.

As a lock screen app, I really like it. I wish they would have left it at that. Could've done without all the other options, like changes to the shade.

Anybody else use or tried this? Thoughts?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I had it on my S7 and really liked it (after a lot of tweaking with the options to get it where I wanted it). I was actually a bit disappointed that Good Lock isn't supported on Nougat, so when I updated my software to Nougat on Saturday (AT&T), Good Lock is no longer there and not available. :( I miss some of the options in the notification panel (such as being able to make the shade darker or transparent, etc).

So be aware that it will disappear once you get Nougat delivered to your phone.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I had it on my S7 and really liked it (after a lot of tweaking with the options to get it where I wanted it). I was actually a bit disappointed that Good Lock isn't supported on Nougat, so when I updated my software to Nougat on Saturday (AT&T), Good Lock is no longer there and not available. :( I miss some of the options in the notification panel (such as being able to make the shade darker or transparent, etc).

So be aware that it will disappear once you get Nougat delivered to your phone.

Good to know. Thanks! Hopefully Samsung will come out with an update soon to keep it compatible with Nougat. You'd think they would, but these guys aren't always so logical!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Just uninstalled it. Seems like it was a drain on my battery and all I needed it for was the lock screen - not the whole UI. If it was just the lock screen, it'd be a great little product. But the whole UI thing is just way too much for me.

DZCALI Khan

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Just uninstalled it. Seems like it was a drain on my battery and all I needed it for was the lock screen - not the whole UI. If it was just the lock screen, it'd be a great little product. But the whole UI thing is just way too much for me.

Major this.

I noticed huge change in battery life with good lock installed. As good an app it is, its not worth the loss of battery light