Interesting feeling where the s8 makes me feel like i don't need a fingerprint sensor anymore.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Didn't think this would happen but iris and face unlock set up with the power button makes me NOT miss the fingerprint reader

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on my iPhone 7 Plus and rely on the FP sensor a ton!! I do everything with the FP sensor.

This was one of my reservations about the S8+, but went ahead and pulled the trigger anyway.

This is good news to me. Thanks.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on my iPhone 7 Plus and rely on the FP sensor a ton!! I do everything with the FP sensor.

This was one of my reservations about the S8+, but went ahead and pulled the trigger anyway.

This is good news to me. Thanks.

Kinda the same with me and my iPhone 7 plus too. Still, I don't regret pulling the trigger on this S8+ one bit.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Can stuff that normally uses fingerprint be remapped to iris? Fingerprint makes LastPass much easier.
Man I'm worried trying to reach that back of the phone every time I want to unlock LastPass using fingerprint. Awkward place hopefully it's not that difficult.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Kinda the same with me and my iPhone 7 plus too. Still, I don't regret pulling the trigger on this S8+ one bit.

No way man. I went to BB and bought a S7 to see if I could do Android again. I honestly feel right at home on a Galaxy lol. I steered away from the S8+ because of the FP sensor.

The screen, keyboard (swype and number row on top), and calendar all blow my iPhone out of the water imo!!!

I returned that S7 within the 14 days and put all that $$ towards the S8+. After playing with the S8+ in the store, it felt amazing!!!! No brainer for me.

thurask

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Man I'm worried trying to reach that back of the phone every time I want to unlock LastPass using fingerprint. Awkward place hopefully it's not that difficult.
My case (OtterBox Commuter) has a cutout that's shaped to make it less of an issue, but only if you're using your right hand.
cbd75f4e60873f59487433f0a50ba720.jpg

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I discovered that you can set the iris scanner to activate the moment you turn on the screen. So when I press the power button or the home button, it now immediately unlocks as long as I'm looking at my phone. I haven't been using the fingerprint scanner much.

jbjarko

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Unlocks very quick. But with a case on I honestly hadn't had an issue with the fingerprint scanner once. Works much better than my iphone 6s scanner.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Unlocks very quick. But with a case on I honestly hadn't had an issue with the fingerprint scanner once. Works much better than my iphone 6s scanner.
I felt like my case kind of blocked my finger and I have to feel my way to the FP sensor. Luckily like others, Ive had good luck with the face recognition even in the low light of my Living room

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The iris scanner is not integrated with last pass yet but I'm sure they'll update it. The iris scanner is as much of a leap as the fps was when they started working.

Having said that, the fps isn't an issue to me because it's super fast and you can go from a black screen or always on screen to unlocked without turning in the phone first.

The only real issue is when it's laying on your desk because then you have to pick it up.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I agree. This is quick. The question is...will it last. My S7 edge was like this in the beginning too but slowed down for some reason.

Heh, I remember the exact moment my S7 Edge slowed down. It was when I upgraded to Nougat. I thought about factory resetting my phone. But since the S8 was coming out soon I decided not to bother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez