That didn't take long- Ditched the G6

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I had the LG G6 on preorder and as soon as the S8 was announced, I tried talking myself out of the S8, but got it on preorder and thought I'd let the best one win. Either I'd return the S8 or sell the G6. Well, I got the S8 yesterday and within 2 hours I listed the G6 on Swappa and it sold this morning. I'm not even going to miss it. This S8 is amazing. I thought the N7 was excellent and I got the S7 and LG V20, but the screen, the iris scanner, the size, the UI, the camera, the battery life so far(need more time to really know), Samsung Pay and the subtle edges make this phone a winner. Glad I got it. How do the rest of you feel?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm holding on to my G6, still an excellent phone that excels at simplicity. Plus, I really like the camera. But yeah, the S8 is a showstopper.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The G6's front and rear cameras weren't very good, and the glass covering the rear camera scratched easily. It's too bad the dual camera setup didn't work out on the S8s. I would've loved the wide angle lens on my S8+.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm holding on to the G6 still, it's still a joy to pick up and hold the G6 since it feels so balanced and like a solid piece in my hand. But S8+ definitely offers more for me to keep as daily driver. If G6 had 64 GB and better cameras then yes it would have been a contender but I believe the S8 offers much better overall value for $100 more than the G6. I feel the G6 is in no man's land, not very cheap but also not the best in anything for that price.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The G6's front and rear cameras weren't very good, and the glass covering the rear camera scratched easily. It's too bad the dual camera setup didn't work out on the S8s. I would've loved the wide angle lens on my S8+.
Agree completely, it's mind boggling that they put that potato camera in the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699