Anyone having lag or stutter issues?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Aside from Samsung's usual lackluster scrolling issues (why, still?) I wasn't seeing any lag at all on my S8+ - and then I made the mistake of switching to Nova Prime as the launcher. I don't care how creative that launcher allows one to be, it's a resource hog and choked my S8+. Switched back to the native launcher, no lag experienced at all. It's not as smooth as my iPhone 7+, but I realized a long time ago that Android will never be as smooth as iOS, even on the Pixel. They're different beasts, and that's OK.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Something that needs to be fixed then because it will continue to make Android look bad.

Don't think there is an easy way of doing it without a major Android core change.

Just different approaches, 1 more efficient to the other, but again, and I can't mention it enough, in order for Apple to get away with it they needed to compensate for in other places, and I prefer to have the freedom and customization on Android than the iOS's approach just for the sake of opening some apps (in most cases games because there are some apps that are definitely better on iOS simply because that's the way the developer clearly wants it) 1 second faster.

And no, for me it doesn't make Android look bad just different, well, at least not to the eyes of unbiased or well informed users.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Aside from Samsung's usual lackluster scrolling issues (why, still?) I wasn't seeing any lag at all on my S8+ - and then I made the mistake of switching to Nova Prime as the launcher. I don't care how creative that launcher allows one to be, it's a resource hog and choked my S8+. Switched back to the native launcher, no lag experienced at all. It's not as smooth as my iPhone 7+, but I realized a long time ago that Android will never be as smooth as iOS, even on the Pixel. They're different beasts, and that's OK.
I never thought TouchWiz would be considered lighter and faster than Nova Prime.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
But just like I mentioned above, there is no way that I can exchange the tons of features and benefits I get from the S8 and Android in general for opening a game 1 second faster.

your missing the point. if it lags 1 sec or whatever after 4-5 days in 3-4 months it could lag 5 sec. thats one of the knocks on Sammy.

Karong

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
No lag on mine so far. As others have said not as "buttery smooth" (God I hate that term) as the iPhone 7 or Pixel but definitely the smoothest Samsung phone I've had. Honestly this phone is so good I dont care if it has a stutter here and there or takes a second longer to open an app. The pros far outweigh the cons on this device. I know a few months down the line will be the real test but for now i'm satisfied with it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
your missing the point. if it lags 1 sec or whatever after 4-5 days in 3-4 months it could lag 5 sec. thats one of the knocks on Sammy.

No I'm not missing the point simply because I've had every single Samsung Flagship for the past 5 years and I haven't seen any lag because of time since the S3, that sucker hated the OS updates.

I just traded in my S7 edge that I had since it was released last year, granted that I've got 4 o 5 additional phones since then, but I always switched Sim card between the S7 edge and the other phone I bought. Being my work phone I couldn't sell it so the other phone was always the replaceble one, but until last Friday it was working just like the first day. Only time it showed kind of a lag was while booting up until all services loaded.

Why the difference with others? Well once a month I always go to Settings-Storage and clear apps cache and then do the wipe cache partition in Recovery mode. I do this in all my Android phones no matter the brand. Old habits.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
So what do you know about Arrow Launcher? Is it a hog like Nova? Microsoft claims it's light and fast.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
From what I've read r saw in video, the S8 will hit 1000 when brightness is set at auto mode and it's gotta be super bright out outside for it to push it to 1000.
I think I just experienced it at my kids game. Nobody else could see their screens but I had no problems at all.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read r saw in video, the S8 will hit 1000 when brightness is set at auto mode and it's gotta be super bright out outside for it to push it to 1000.
Doesn't have to be super bright.. just the sun needs to be out.

Emy2017

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
Despite reassurances Samsung has weird stutter and a slight ghosting effect. Samsung tried bringing in perfection with S8. Same old Samsung problems seem to remain

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's a very expensive optimism lol.

Samsung for the most part has figured it out. But because it's Samsung they're always going to have that stigma amongst detractors no matter what they do.
I agree Samsung has come a long, long way. Most of what's left is just icing.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Today lag came back with a vengeance. Trying to scroll through the recent apps list was horrendous. Knowing that Samsungs has had many lag issues in the past and some other things I just didnt like Ive returned mine and gone back to the G6. S8 is a good phone, just not for me. Enjoy everyone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
No lag here at all! A LOT faster and less lag than the Note 7 I had. So much smoother than the Note 7 which had lag. Overall after a week I'm really impressed how fast it is and the battery life. While I would still rather have the Note 7 still, this phone performs a lot better than it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699