Samsung app not supported

nubbs6

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Recently picked up Galaxy S8 plus. And I receive a "country not supported" error when I attemp to log into Themes.

The Galaxy App stores gives a "Limited access" error.

Cloud backup and restore does not as
well.

I have tried removing my Samsung account, no change.

I have done a factory reset, no change.

I have removed my SIM card, no change.

The device is unlocked, purchased from Samsung Canada. I am in Canada, and have a Canadian SIM.

I have been on Live chat with Samsung, No help. I have gone to a Samsung Service centre and was told to try updating the software (never thought of that).

It's not an account issue beacuse I created another Samsung account it did not work as well.

Anyone else come across this? Any solutions?

Speedycobs14

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Recently picked up Galaxy S8 plus. And I receive a "country not supported" error when I attemp to log into Themes.

The Galaxy App stores gives a "Limited access" error.

Cloud backup and restore does not as
well.

I have tried removing my Samsung account, no change.

I have done a factory reset, no change.

I have removed my SIM card, no change.

The device is unlocked, purchased from Samsung Canada. I am in Canada, and have a Canadian SIM.

I have been on Live chat with Samsung, No help. I have gone to a Samsung Service centre and was told to try updating the software (never thought of that).

It's not an account issue beacuse I created another Samsung account it did not work as well.

Anyone else come across this? Any solutions?

I live in Canada as well and I have the same problem and can't figure it out. My s6 works fine but not my s8.

nubbs6

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
What carrier arw you with? I determined that my problem is with my sim card, one setting is off from what MTS listing on their website. I have gone to a MTS Store and was told that MTS received a letter from Samsung that there is a problem with S8 and the MTS network. It was suggested that I wait a couple days then try contacting Samsung.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Is yours from The Samsung Store? Also, what carrier? I got mine from Koodo and everything works perfectly.

Just trying to figure out if it's only the Samsung Store ones that are having issues.

nubbs6

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So after talking to Samsung, who suggested I call my carrier (MTS) because they would be better suited to correct this. So I called MTS, they are "aware of the issue and are working with Samsung to correct it, keep on checking your apps to see if it's fixed."

Really? WTF?

So the answer is NO, they don't know what is causing the problem is or how to fix it.

Now we play the waiting game...

cfunkrun

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Good to know they're working on it. I wonder if everyone with an S8 with MTS has this issue? If so, I'm surprised they didn't notice such an issue.

nubbs6

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, mine just finished installing an update. And everything appears to be working, except for the "Samsung Members" app still receiving a country not supported error.

froesei

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an S8 purchased through MTS as well, and I'm also getting the not supported in this country error message. I spoke with samsung support and it's being "escalated", and I'm told I'll receive a reply in a couple days. Based on this thread though, I'm not optimistic. Has anyone had any success with the members app on MTS? Given the Oreo Beta signup process will be using this app, it's suddenly become very important.
Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer