Galaxy Apps Store

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Going back to TouchWiz, then using the three dots to load Galaxy essentials brings up Galaxy apps. There is no other icon on the phone but at least that loads it.

You mentioned going back to TouchWiz. What launcher were you using? That may have been the problem, and not the phone itself.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Reset app preferences. Not there after resetting app preferences ??????

Well, that's unfortunate and really unexpected as this should bring even the death back to life... maybe I missed it, and I'm not reading back all the posts above, but do you have Galaxy App or not on your Apps? If not, not even selecting Showing System Apps?

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's unfortunate and really unexpected as this should bring even the death back to life... maybe I missed it, and I'm not reading back all the posts above, but do you have Galaxy App or not on your Apps? If not, not even selecting Showing System Apps?
Screenshots attached.
a46152288918d4de60dba447c35f60d3.jpg
7bd54e9bf13be3e67385c3df7b73ee32.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Then, it's definitely not installed on your phone, nothing will bring the icon back because the app is simply not there, how is this possible? I really don't know, the only time I've seen that is when I use package Disabler and I disable an app with it, if you are sure that you have never played with Package Disabler then it really doesn't have a logical explanation.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Then, it's definitely not installed on your phone, nothing will bring the icon back because the app is simply not there, how is this possible? I really don't know, the only time I've seen that is when I use package Disabler and I disable an app with it, if you are sure that you have never played with Package Disabler then it really doesn't have a logical explanation.
No idea. If I open it through Galaxy essentials via TouchWiz it's there.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Try installing it as a Third Party app, sideloading it from the following link.

Galaxy Apps 4.2.08-47 APK Download by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - APKMirror

Just FYI, APKmirror has been providing this service for years and are one of the safest, if not the safest website for downloading an APK.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Totally confused then, as it's clearly there.

Well, you may always try re-installing it via the APK I linked above, if it still doesn't show then I think it won't, ever, until you do a factory reset. You may always try doing a Wipe cache Partition in recovery Mode, at this point, I think you don't lose anything by trying.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Then, for last, and without a factory reset, just do the Wipe cache Partition.
I'll go ahead and do the software update and see if I can pull the DQA patch. The Bluetooth on this phone is currently terrible and breaks up constantly on my car and headphones. Hoping that helps.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
So the phone audio is fine but Bluetooth consistently cuts out or makes a squawking or buzzing noise while I'm on the phone. Audio for music over Bluetooth is terrible as well. Anyone else have this issue or did I just get lucky.