Tightened some screws, how will this affect my warranty?

fenjen

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
So there was a rattling sound coming out the top of my phone and without thinking trough I fastened the top three screws of the phone. I didn't take any sticker off or anything, I just tightened them up a little bit.
This shouldn't affect my warranty I hope?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol think i replied to your other thread mate.
i think manufacturers used to use a glue type stuff to detect if the device has been tampered with but i think now they tend to use the glue between parts to detect if theyv been taken apart. no harm in sending it away mate other than the postage. are they black or silver screws? did you use perfect screwdriver so it didnt slip and scratch them?
in future, the phones are put together using powered screwdrivers that are set to put them at perfect tightnes and dont fanny around with the hardware while its still under guarantee lol (id probably have done the same) :p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

fenjen

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Wel if you look really closely I guess you can see that the top screw is touched but the bottom screws are certainely untoched. I don't need to send it away right now but I'm just pretty paranoid about keeping my warranty in tact.

- - - Updated - - -

Wel if you look really closely I guess you can see that the top screw is touched but the bottom screws are certainely untoched. I don't need to send it away right now but I'm just pretty paranoid about keeping my warranty in tact.