No one knows the answer but here are my findings so far

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have posted this problem on many forums but it seems no one knows the answer.

Here are the facts:

I have a Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (in the UK)
Running Android 4.0.4
ROM: CyanogenMOD 9.1.0-i9300
Kernel: 3.0.15-CM-g026d5ce
Modem: I9300DXELK1

I use Go Launcher Ex and my preferred home page clock and weather widget is the Beautiful Widgets 4x2 clock.

In the past I have run Darky?s ROM, CyanogenMOD 7, CyanogenMOD 9 (Stable 9.1), Ressurection Remix, Foxhound 2 and finally returned to CM9.

THE PROBLEM

My clock widgets and F1 Countdown Widget will no longer update and I cannot remember when this started happening or if I had installed or uninstalled any software.

THEY DO UPDATE IF I TILT MY PHONE AND CHANGE THE SCREEN ORIENTATION but then will not update again unless I again change my screen orientation OR reboot the phone when it will update to the current time on reboot but then will NOT update again automatically.

HOWEVER, the Go Weather Widget which has a clock does update automatically!?

I have tried a number of different clock widgets running at the same time and they all stick on the same time UNLESS as I said previously I change the screen orientation etc

I have cleared caches, wiped data, uninstalled and installed, experimented with the time and date system settings (using network provided time / not using network provided time), I have experimented with the Go Launcher Ex settings like the System Persistent and Prevent Force Close selected and unselected.

ADDITIONALLY that is why I have tried all the above different ROMs but the same problem exists with ALL ROMS although it is sometimes better on CyanogenMOD 9 but even that eventually stops updating the time.

I have now given up trying to sort the problem and use the boring and ugly Go Weather Widget and I can only assume that there is an inherent firmware or hardware problem with my particular phone because no one else with a UK version of the i9300 seems to be having the same problem or at least they have not posted about it on any forum I?ve seen.

But I still get frustrated trying to figure out WHY does the Go Weather Widget clock update automatically but none of the others do??.and before you ask?.yes I have used other Launchers but the problem persists.

Thoughts / views / advice (other than buy an iPhone:))

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets uses Accuweather for there weather app only and that service has that problem. I use HD Widgets myself which had multiple weather services like Accuweather, Weather bug, and Weather Underground in which I choose Weather Bug. Even Accuweather's app does that problem also.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2