Battery Level Shows 40% instead of 2% whilst charging..

edd080

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi to all , I am having a weird issue on my Galaxy S3; when my phone reaches around 2% I usually switch it off, plug it to the wall charger and the battery icon charge indicator is nearly at the bottom indicating that it is actually charging from 2%.

Last week, my phone reached 2%, so I switched it off, plugged it in to the wall charger, but instead the battery indicator went immediately at nearly half full, its as though the charge was not at 2% but at around 40 - 50%. So I decided to let it charge, after normal usage when it reached 2% a couple of days later I charged it whilst it was still on and upon a full charge I used battery calibration to wipe the battery stats and used the phone as usual.

Again after reaching 2% i switched the phone off and plugged it to the wall charger, only to see that the charge started again at around 40 - 50% and not at 2%; I am at a loss now as usually wiping battery stats works out fine, I also do not have the wipe battery stats in recovery so the only way to wipe battery stats is from the app itself, whilst the phone is on.

Can anybody help me out please?
Thanks..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the battery is the culprit.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

edd080

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Can it be the battery when it gives me three days before draining completely?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I would never run my battery down to 2% on a regular basis - it's not good for the life of the battery. You should be charging it whenever you get a chance.

Secondly, it sounds like you don't really use the phone (if it lasts for three days), so you may continue to get a decent appearance of battery life, but this strange behavior sounds like the beginning of battery failure to me. Either that or the charging circuit on the phone is starting to fail.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

edd080

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply;my phone usage is not heavy that is true, meaning i only use for example internet connectivity on it when i need to and so on, i downloaded another wipe battery stats app and it seemed to do the trick, it is now showing the proper level when on charge.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty