com.android.process.gapps stopped working

buchpaul

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a constant notification for com.android.process.gapps has stopped working with the option to force close or report. This occurs every two minutes. I have this out of the box foe a few weeks and have note changed anything with the operating system.
Any ideas

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of people are getting this - some more than others. I haven't seen any fix posted. I bet it will take a Google update.

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Buchpaul, I started getting this same message this morning. Samsung Tech Support suggested a factory reset, which I did and it seemed to resolve the issue. At least, for now. I have been doing some research on line and one suggestion was to clear data on the calendar and/or Google Talk (if you have it installed): (during calendar refresh) process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly - xda-developers

Another interesting post doesn't have a solution, but suggests the issue is coming from bookmark sync on the Tab. Issue 18531 - android - Google SYNC with com.google.process.gapps error - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

If I run into the issue again, I am planning on going to applications->running services->google services and stopping the cloud to device messaging service and google messaging service to see if I can begin to narrow down what is causing this. If anyone else has feedback or suggestions, I would like to receive it.

Good luck!

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people are getting this - some more than others. I haven't seen any fix posted. I bet it will take a Google update.
This was driving me up the wall, but luckily a quick and easy fix I read about worked for me: all I had to do was go into applications and clear the data from Calendar Storage. No more messages! From what I read some others also had to clear Contacts storage and/or Google Services Framework. Hope that works for you too!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This was driving me up the wall, but luckily a quick and easy fix I read about worked for me: all I had to do was go into applications and clear the data from Calendar Storage. No more messages! From what I read some others also had to clear Contacts storage and/or Google Services Framework. Hope that works for you too!

Thank you! (for at least the hope). I cleared calendar storage in MANAGE APPLICATIONS. Now I'll wait and see.

<fingers crossed>

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Buchpaul, if you do not want to do a factory reset, you may also want to try to clear data in contacts and in the browser app to see if that works.

nva225

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> [email address] (select the account for further options) you can then uncheck all the items in the list, and incrementally add items and click "sync now" to see whether it fails.

For me the "sync internet" seemed to be the main one failing. I'm not entirely sure what this does, but I know I'd rather have it disabled than see this error pop up all the time.