Touchwiz, what don't you like?

Anev

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
if I pick up my Tab and I have an email on my Gmail account and an email on my exchange account, the icons at the bottom are both for Gmail and I don't know which one is which without having to click on it to go into the inbox.

Okay, that's annoying. On mine, my personal (IMAP) email pops up with an email and then if something comes in to my work (exchange) email it overwrites my personal notification and updates it to my work one. Before you'd have two different notifications sitting there, or more if you had more email accounts and could select or close the ones you wanted to pay attention too.

Hmmm... I take that back. The icons do look like gmail icons but they take you to which ever account has mail, no matter the account and my previous comments may be wrong. I now have two icons up, one for personal email on the IMAP connection and other for my work Exchange connection. Why it didn't do it earlier when I was testing, I'm not sure but they do take me to the correct mailbox when I click on them.

Last edited:

gaguy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, yes they did. Up in the area where you can start a new email, you can now type in a search request to search All, Title, Sender or Date. Seems to work fine, instant results.

Awesome! That alone almost makes the update worth it!

eclass82

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I Totally Agree, I think tomorrow I'm going to get my exchanged since I'm still covered under 14day return.
I'll just make up some bogus excuse that it locks up or something and get an exchange then wait a few months before updating..

The light, gray instead of black and the change to white instead of black really adds so much glare for me. I never had to take my glasses off to view the device now with the sharp white and gray tones it hurts my eyes to look long with my glasses on. I'm going to really hate it with my contacts.

The task bar being grey is awful, it doesn't blend into the black band around the side which is very apparent on the lock screen if you have a black background. This big ugly gray bar going across just cheapens the whole look. I've noticed some update icons that show up in the task bar now are even hard to notice as they just blend in - though admittedly - some show up much better.

The browser looks terrible now. It seems to work okay, maybe a bit better, but again the white background makes the pages blend into the device instead of them standing on their own which I find just pulls the eye in and out of focus instead of nice clean reading surface the back provided.

I did think the rotate worked much better, smoother but I usually have it turned off as I found the original was to sensitive - maybe I need to try it more to see if they fixed that but landscape to portrait seemed nice and speedy with less glitches.

The screenshot button is driving me crazy, if you miss it you will hit the application button and take a screen shot, lag out and get frustrated. I have about a half dozen screen shots, only one was intentional.

The calendar which was sleek and I felt simply awesome for business needs feels like I've stepped back in time and reverted to something old school. Some might like it, I hate it - I fell in love with the Honeycomb calendar display, heck that was one reason I upgraded from the 7 to 10.

They have added several new apps which seem okay except for a couple that just stay running. I know it's not taking up any processing cycles but it bugs me none the less. I went with a non-phone company tablet to get away from those forced apps and here we have more added - luckily some are nicer than others - the photo editing one looks interesting and video stuff shows some slight promise.

Not sure how you customize that annoying app bar at the bottom. I would like to change it to what I use, not what they have suggested OR turn it off internally. IT should have been a button the bar not the screen shot one.

Personally, I wouldn't have minded so much if they would have just made all their changes optional so I could pick and choose what I wanted or to just have it so I could turn the whole thing off and use the default Honeycomb display.

On the flip side, they did seem to fix a few things and I am liking the new (even though it's bigger view) of the email. They did a good job of cleaning that up and making it a bit cleaner, adding in the last week, last month, etc grouping and better folder display.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't polaris office supposed to be included in the update? I don't see it on my tab and that makes me sad.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Chrome bookmarks not syncing.

This forum takes forever to load since the update.

Don't like the large gray area on the top of the browser window. Looks bad and is a waste of space.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
LOL. Soon as I clicked to post my last message the browser crashed. I think the site gurus need to do some tweaking or something to fix the loading issue. You can't click on a link until it finally gets to a certain point in the page loading and it is quite a delay.

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Same here but the mail app is syncing, for some reason it's getting hung up during the sync so it never pulls anything in.

I'm connected to an Exchange 2010 server and I didn't have this problem either until after Touchwiz.

EDIT: I just powered off and turned the TAB on and now emails from my Exchange server are working again. One this that is weird though is that when an email comes in, the new email notification at the bottom next to the clock is the Gmail email notification. This is actually annoying because if I pick up my Tab and I have an email on my Gmail account and an email on my exchange account, the icons at the bottom are both for Gmail and I don't know which one is which without having to click on it to go into the inbox.

I get the same email icon for exchange and gmail.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Rebooted and still am not getting exchange updates at all. Wtf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Try removing the exchange account and then re-adding it. Since there were a few enhancements like security features added to the email client for exchange you may have to remove the account and then add it back for it to resync.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Okay, that's annoying. On mine, my personal (IMAP) email pops up with an email and then if something comes in to my work (exchange) email it overwrites my personal notification and updates it to my work one. Before you'd have two different notifications sitting there, or more if you had more email accounts and could select or close the ones you wanted to pay attention too.

Hmmm... I take that back. The icons do look like gmail icons but they take you to which ever account has mail, no matter the account and my previous comments may be wrong. I now have two icons up, one for personal email on the IMAP connection and other for my work Exchange connection. Why it didn't do it earlier when I was testing, I'm not sure but they do take me to the correct mailbox when I click on them.

Yes, on mine is brings you to different email accounts but before I was able to tell which account I was about to click into by looking at the different icons. Now that every email that comes in regardless of which account, they all look like Gmail.

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Try removing the exchange account and then re-adding it. Since there were a few enhancements like security features added to the email client for exchange you may have to remove the account and then add it back for it to resync.

Tried it several times. Nada

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Vibrate on keypress no longer works for the Android English Keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty