Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

Default Re: Okay Samsung Get with the program where is ICS?

In December, Samsung promised a first-quarter Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for its Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II devices. Sammy just started sending Ice Cream Sandwich to some of its Galaxy S II phones -- a Gingerbread-flavored version of Ice Cream Sandwich, anyway -- but the company coyly reneged on its promise to push ICS to the heavily marketed Note before the end of Q1, telling customers last week that it was "proud to announce" a second-quarter ICS rollout for the device.

Samsung has given no specific time estimates for any of its other ICS-confirmed devices, including the Galaxy R, Galaxy S II Skyrocket, and various Galaxy Tab models.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Yeah no kidding 360Jeff I'm really thinking about selling mine with all of it's goodies for the Asus transformer prime. I posted a thread about it asking if I'm just being to hasty and impatient and should wait for ICS. Or it's just an overall great idea to peace on Samsung.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by swagnificent View Post
    Yeah no kidding 360Jeff I'm really thinking about selling mine with all of it's goodies for the Asus transformer prime. I posted a thread about it asking if I'm just being to hasty and impatient and should wait for ICS. Or it's just an overall great idea to peace on Samsung.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1
    yep..i agree..they are beyond slow...

I am loving ICS on my tab. Root and rom. Just no camera for skyping

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Here we all are, still waiting for the ICS release. What a dirty dirty game that they release new devices with ICS and forget the early adopters. I am done with Sammy. My next Tablet will be anything but Samsung.

Over 90% of devices have not been upgraded to ICS yet. Some are just getting gingerbread.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Of what devices? We are talking about tablets. We are talking about a tablet that was shown at MWC with ICS on it. Samsung is notorious about being slow with the updates. We are already hearing about Jelly Bean and no ICS.

The galaxy tab 2 was at MWC with ICS. Are you sure the tab 1 was there?

Samsung had a lot of issues updating to ICS because of the ram requirements of touchwiz. I personally would rather go stock, but that would require me to root anyway, so it's sort of moot.

Samsung not updating in a timely fashion is nothing new. I like their hardware, so I choose them for my devices.

Early update devices are usually the ones with the bugs. Look at the transformer.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I like the hardware as well but the lack of a SD slot and the additional adapters gets pricey. I would root but I am not willing to give up features for a rooted ICS.

I just don't get not rooting the tab and installing CyanogenMod ICS. That seems like a no brainer for me, unless you use the camera. I don't Skype. I actually don't think I have used the camera since the first day that I bought my tab almost a year ago. If it wasn't for some of the roms out there I probably would have returned my tablet when I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by 360jeff View Post
    Here we all are, still waiting for the ICS release. What a dirty dirty game that they release new devices with ICS and forget the early adopters. I am done with Sammy. My next Tablet will be anything but Samsung.
    Yep. Just put mine on CL. Will use those funds to get Asus prime. Its a sexy device.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardate Tab 10.1 View Post
    I just don't get not rooting the tab and installing CyanogenMod ICS. That seems like a no brainer for me, unless you use the camera. I don't Skype. I actually don't think I have used the camera since the first day that I bought my tab almost a year ago. If it wasn't for some of the roms out there I probably would have returned my tablet when I bought it.

Because some of us don't want to spend countless hours researching and keeping up to date with the latest versions. I rooted me evo and wasted at least 2-3 hours a month updating and dealing with bugs.

And some of us use the camera a lot for video chat. My tab is poitnless without it

I sat down with a friend's HP tablet running CM9. I could only notice a few minor differences versus honeycomb 3.2. I really don't even care so much about the update anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by elcheapodeluxe View Post
    I sat down with a friend's HP tablet running CM9. I could only notice a few minor differences versus honeycomb 3.2. I really don't even care so much about the update anymore.
    you're not comparing it correctly...you would have had to see how the HP tablet was with honeycomb

ICS is supposed to stop all the lag and freezing that goes on

We're talking about UI changes and new features though. Anyone get some hands on with the Xoom before and after? Much improved, but not worth this much complaining.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by smcolbert View Post
    We're talking about UI changes and new features though. Anyone get some hands on with the Xoom before and after? Much improved, but not worth this much complaining.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    you may be talking about UI changes...but some of us are looking forward to less lags and more stability

I guess I don't understand the impatience, then. I do most of my computing on my galaxy tab and the software issues are not to the point of me picketing Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by smcolbert View Post
    I guess I don't understand the impatience, then. I do most of my computing on my galaxy tab and the software issues are not to the point of me picketing Samsung.

Yep. We all use it for different needs. My tablet works fine since I uninstalled aall but the necessary appear. I want to be able to use Widgets and such without it taking 5 seconds to flip to the next screen

Currently I'm running it like an ipad with no Widgets or icons on homescreen and utilizing the app drawer. I rather not ddo thay

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    Yep. We all use it for different needs. My tablet works fine since I uninstalled aall but the necessary appear. I want to be able to use Widgets and such without it taking 5 seconds to flip to the next screen

Currently I'm running it like an ipad with no Widgets or icons on homescreen and utilizing the app drawer. I rather not ddo thay
    Appear=apps. This AC app won't let me edit

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post

Download adw ex launcher....will speed up your screens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    MacGyver Wannabe

Or Go Launcher HD for Pad:

Don't know what is up with yours but I have many widgets on all screens and flip between screens with no issues at all.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    love my evo.

Oops, reply to wrong post /sorry

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    love my evo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12