The Gorilla Glass is good but the digitizer sucks :(

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I fell asleep while reading a book on my Tab's Kindle app and it slid down and met the hard porcelain tiles. To my surprise, the screen didn't even get a scratch. Too bad the taps are crazy. HC's software buttons only work in portrait orientation with the camera on the right and the device constantly registers multiple taps so text entry is a no no sigh. Almost made it to a full year...

Gonna get some quotes to fix it, but I suspect I'm probably better off using that money to offset the price on buying a new tablet...

In the meantime I drained the battery and plan to keep it off for a few days. Maybe the shock just confused a sensor in there and it will work fine once all the chips release whatever charge in on them (wishful thinking, I know...)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Not good. Sorry for your troubles. :(

I like the Tab 10.1 better than the newer Sammy tabs, I would probably look at Asus's offerings if it happened to me. They seem to push updates out the door a bit faster.

Good luck with your Tab! :)

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Um no, it doesn't. You were careless and damaged it. That doesn't mean the digitizer sucks. It means you broke it. Draining the battery dead and leaving it that way for an extended period of time will damage it, just so you know. The battery should never be drained until it dies. If you intend to have it repaired, you should charge it back up.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Um no, it doesn't. You were careless and damaged it. That doesn't mean the digitizer sucks. It means you broke it.

I know; it was in jest since the glass survived without a scratch. Anyway, I did send it for repair. Was considering buying an Asus but then saw the newly announced W8 tablets and figured I'd rather fix the Tab and buy a Windows 8 tablet later on...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not so much that the digitizer sucks... It's gravity, a hard floor and that sudden stop at the end of the fall that sucks!!!

Sorry for your loss...

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii