Dock Problems: Touch Disabled, Power Changes Brightness?

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It seems like everytime I put a Tab in it's dock it causes some kind of problem.

For the most part it works OK. But sometimes, when I put the new Tab in the dock, the touch screen completely disables. I can't unlock it, or touch anything. The power button then becomes a brightness switch, changing from what I think is max brightness to min brightness. Volume seems to do nothing.

Holding the power button brings up the hard power off menu, which would've been great... if I could touch it.

The only way I've found to get around this is to undock it. It usually becomes responsive again. Maybe I'll have to re-dock it and undock it once more, but it usually fixes itself. Has anyone else had this problem? I really don't want to send back another Tab...

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Same for me. I have had all those same symptoms. The desktop dock was a waste of money and I have stopped using it.
For myself, the last straw was this morning when I undocked it and the clock screen stayed on. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the tablet to go back to its normal home screen. I was forced to do the power button and volume + combination to reset it.

Sent from my SGT 10.1

RandomMarius

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me once as well... so you are not alone... I had to hard-reset my device... it was in some weird state.

This happened while I unplugged it while it was asleep on the dock and tries to use it.

Apart from this the dock keyboard sporadically does not work either (and only works after a reboot), which is another issue.

(They better fix this in the next few days or I will return my tablet.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa