Samsung Galaxy Tab-2 Update notice today!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I received a notice that an update had been downloaded to my Tab-2 and was ready to install! It is a 64.01 Mb upload. It says it will mess up my Icons on my home page. If this update fails I can updatewith KIES..
I didn't know an update was coming and it does not say what version it updates to!

Anyone have more info?

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I received a notice that an update had been downloaded to my Tab-2 and was ready to install! It is a 64.01 Mb upload. It says it will mess up my Icons on my home page. If this update fails I can updatewith KIES..
I didn't know an update was coming and it does not say what version it updates to!

Anyone have more info?

I got the same when I checked for updates. I haven't downloaded it yet, though.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Billy Bong

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I received the same notice and upgraded, now I can not connect to any website, even though it is WiFi connected........I can not connect to KIES
Help! how do I uninstall, or connect to internet now?

Last edited:

Billy Bong

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Samsung telephone support sorted my problem out.
App Manager ->all apps->internet->Force Stop->Clear Data and then restart.
Hope this helps some others

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
My wife has been getting that notification for two days, at least. Every time she tries to apply it, it fails and tells her to use Kies. I told her to ignore the !@$!! thing.

I told her that if it became annoying enough I'd replace Samsung's garbage firmware with CM, for her, just like I did on my Tab 2.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed the new OS. It did not mess up my home screens, seems to be running OK. More later after I have had time to play with everything!

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I already had Android 4.2.2, received update on Friday. After installing I see no difference. Can anyone tell me what the update contained?

Posted via Android Central App

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I received the update notification and told it to update.

I later got a message - something to the effect "firmware update failed - use Kies or take the device to a Samsung Service Center".

Three questions:
Should I worry that the firmware wasn't updated?

What is Kies, how do I use it, should I use it (three questions in one!) I'm sorry, I really know nothing about Kies. Maybe a pointer to an i'diot's guide" or something.

Does this update fix the "won't turn off" problem with the Tab2 10.1?

Thanks!

nancyt22

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed the update on my tab 2 7.0........I did the 4.2.2 upgrade back in August and didnt care for it..seemed to slow down my tablet. I called Samsung & they said not to download it (current download was 64mb).....it wouldnt work anyway ...they were having issues and were working on a fix....so I dont know why they sent it out. I also have a note 8 and s3 that I've kept on 4.1.2 as I don't like how it changed somd features and slowed down the 7 inch tab. It would be nice if you had some kind of idea what you were going to install before hand....nt

Posted via Android Central App

licountrygirl

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I received the update and it bricked my tablet. I've never had a problem with it and now I can't even boot the thing up. It was at 82% battery when I tried it. I called tech support, they tried some things - nothing worked. Tried downloading ODIN to flash to original firmware. ODIN says pass but it still won't boot. Samsung said they aren't liable because Android rolled out the update, not them. I went from a perfectly good tablet to a brick. Does anyone have any suggestions??

phildoug

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Please explain your battery issues.

On my Galaxy Tab 2 7, it charges to 100%, when i shut it down over
night with battery maybe at 75-85% and then turn on next day battery
will be down to warning level 5-10%. If I just turn it off then it will charge
back to 60-85% in a short time with out being connected to anything.

If i connect it it quickly charges to 100% and will run for a while.

Originally it ran 6-8 hrs without charging. Now having the problems
above.

Any in sights or remedy would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Greebe

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Please explain your battery issues.

On my Galaxy Tab 2 7, it charges to 100%, when i shut it down over
night with battery maybe at 75-85% and then turn on next day battery
will be down to warning level 5-10%. If I just turn it off then it will charge
back to 60-85% in a short time with out being connected to anything.

If i connect it it quickly charges to 100% and will run for a while.

Originally it ran 6-8 hrs without charging. Now having the problems
above.

Any in sights or remedy would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Replace battery.

nikhilvanam

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
recently i tried to update samsung tab2 gt p3100, as i got an update when i clicked the update button.. while updating i lost connection with wifi, :(
then i switched on the tab and i lost my keypad, i can find only google voice typing in it. i am unable to use the tab without the keypad. Then i did a factory reset :(
now i lost everything only the start screen is seen in the tab other than that i am unable to move further . many pop ups like "google account manager stopped working" , 'google+ stopped working" , messaging stopped working ...then i took the tab to a local service centre, he tried something but no use, then i went to customer care...he said if we perform something on this ,99% the tablet may crash.....please help me

i am unable to solve this problem . people please help me out ...