Can't delete profile image

snakeoildoctor

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 10', Model #GT-P5210

I am trying to help out a friend and have run into a problem that has me beat. As soon as he got the tab home he took a picture of his wife that turned out very unflattering. Without any further intervention this picture became the profile picture on the tab. He can't change it. The dealer (Staples) won't even look at it without charging and even at that won't guarantee they can fix it. The delete icon doesn't come for this picture. Samsung advised he load up Picasa on his desktop and change it from there. Picasa from the desktop, can't 'see' the picture. I can upload photos to the tab that show up there. I loaded up a couple of file explorer apps, set them to show hidden files. Searched every directory and could not find the image. What I had uploaded from the desktop to the tab showed up as normal. Also did a global *.jpg search and nothing came up. I'm baffled.

A few weeks has passed and still no answer from Samsung. I'm wondering if the image is is some hidden directory? It shows up even when the tab is offline. Is it maybe somehow 'controlled' by Google in the background?

I've spent endless hours searching this site and others and have so far not found any discussion of this problem. I would like to understand this for myself as well, as I am planning on buying a new tab - but I don't want to be hog tied with issues like this. I would be extremely grateful for any insight I can get.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Is it the a profile pic that shows up in the notification shade? My dad's Moto X had my Google + avatar and I was able to change it by changing the Google + account to his. Otherwise you can change the avatar of the G+ account that is connected

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, I think you can change it by changing the picture in Contacts for yourself. I am not completely sure, and am most likely wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, I think you can change it by changing the picture in Contacts for yourself. I am not completely sure, and am most likely wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

You're right. I clicked on the photo and it took me to my contacts page and showed the option for editing it

snakeoildoctor

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all your help folks. Nothing I attempted flowing from the above suggestions worked. As a result I did a factory reset. Strange as it may seen, but now the tab acts more 'normal'. Why? - another mystery to solve! Also, please excuse the delay in posting. I had to deal with a serious family affair that put me offline.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your help folks. Nothing I attempted flowing from the above suggestions worked. As a result I did a factory reset. Strange as it may seen, but now the tab acts more 'normal'. Why? - another mystery to solve! Also, please excuse the delay in posting. I had to deal with a serious family affair that put me offline.

No worries :)
Glad you got it fixed 👍
To answer your last question, a factory reset restores the tablet to its out of box state, which usually fixes any issues you were having with it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty