srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I got an update this morning . It took about 5 min. I am wifi only and stock. Not sure what the update did. Anyone know?

SROJR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the update last weekend. Been searching high and low for informaition about the update for the past week and have found nothing. Sure hope someone comes along with some info.

SROJR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Is this for the P6210 (Galaxy Tab 7+ WiFi only) ?

I don't get this, even when pressing the Check Update button in the Tab.

yes. That's the one I have and I got the update last weekend. I did get it through Kies; not just from checking update on the tab.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ah, yes, I got the notifications now.

EDIT: seems that this firmware MAY cause issue with the WiFi connection. Check out the thread in XDA here.

Last edited:

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it updated Samsung kies. That lets you link to your laptop or desktop for files,photos, movies, and music. I went on Samsung website and found an update on 2/9/12 for that.
Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Prior to the update I was seeing some serious lag moving between home screens on the stock launcher. It seems to have made the rotation smoother, or it could just be wishful thinking on my own...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

00r101

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I updated last night. I have a US 16gb Wifi only Tab 7 plus. Also have a 16gb Micro SD installed. It was rooted. I just ran the upgrade without uninstalling root. Upgrade took about 25 minutes, auto rebooting twice. No problems.

Results - All my appliications and setting remained intact. Root is still there (verified by RootChecker). The tablet seems to scroll between home screens more smoothly. Also animations going from app drawer to homescreen appear very smooth.

I previously had SOD very often and had to install AutoAirplaneMode app to fix it. After upgrade a tried not using -AutoAirplaneMode. So far no SODs after numerous screen off and on and sleep/wake. Of course SODs were random before but so far this upgrade looks very promising - no downsides, faster screen operations and improved stability.

I recommend it but YMMV:cool: