Tablet gets hot then battery life drops like a rock...

SolidSonicTH

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that my Tab Pro 8.4 has a tendency to heat up a lot around the left side of the device then the battery life sinks dramatically (as in I can actually lose battery if I use the tablet while it's plugged in).

I think the CPU is overdriving or something but I don't know how to correct that. The tablet is rooted but I didn't know rooting could cause it to become so power-hungry.

Any other reason this might be happening, you think? Since it is rooted I can't update the system software via the OTA updates so I'm wondering if this was a known issue and was corrected in a later release than what I currently run.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, a corrupt card (or file on the card) can cause the system's Media Scanner to get hung up, which leads to increased CPU usage and battery drain.

SolidSonicTH

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I do use an SD card, yes.

Though I'm not sure this thread is still relevant. I copped out and installed Cyanogenmod on it so none of the system conditions are the same as when I originally posted the thread. I need to use it some first to even get a feel for any battery life changes.

Also I have to reformat the SD card to clear out the fluff that I can no longer read after changing the ROM (and to reinstall my junk).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo