zero posts in the section? does that mean there's zero interest in the Tab S 8.4?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
zero posts in the section? does that mean there's zero interest in the Tab S 8.4?

I can't be the only one waiting to buy this tablet, right? :)

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Samsung do need to calm down on churning out tablets, it puts people off when you buy their 'latest and greatest' only to be replaced a month or two later by its new 'latest and greatest'.

They really just need to release a low, mid and high end version and then properly support it.

However, I am shipping my Tab Pro off to get the Tab S as I love the AMOLED tech, extra gb of ram will be nice and the other things it comes with.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Samsung do need to calm down on churning out tablets, it puts people off when you buy their 'latest and greatest' only to be replaced a month or two later by its new 'latest and greatest'.

They really just need to release a low, mid and high end version and then properly support it.

However, I am shipping my Tab Pro off to get the Tab S as I love the AMOLED tech, extra gb of ram will be nice and the other things it comes with.

....only to ship the tab s off in a few months for the next latest and greatest.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it is great and very happy with it but with the same specs and extra GB of RAM(3GB) and a Super AMOLED display on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4(is a great tablet)

I think it is a hardly a upgrade from my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 so i won't be buying the Tab S or a new tablet for a very long time.

Over a month ago i upgraded from my old Galaxy Tab 2 7 to my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, now that's a big upgrade! :)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it is great and very happy with it but with the same specs and extra GB of RAM(3GB) and a Super AMOLED display on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4(is a great tablet)

I think it is a hardly a upgrade from my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 so i won't be buying the Tab S or a new tablet for a very long time.

Over a month ago i upgraded from my old Galaxy Tab 2 7 to my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, now that's a big upgrade! :)

Actually depending on preferences AMOLED Screens can be viewed as a major upgrade. I sure think it is. I sold my Note 10.1 2014 edition because of the LCD screen.

Sen Blutarsky

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I did a QUICK side by side with my Pro against the S at local BB. I just cannot show $399 worth of love for that super amoled screen compared to the Pro. The colors really look over blown to me and the font on the S seemed very rounded compared to the Pro that was pretty sharp. Both were on auto brightness.

One thing to look out for is the brightness setting on the display model you are looking at. BB always seems to have it pegged at maximum and would probably burn your retinas out over extended use. But it really does make the colors pop to make the sale.

Same thing happened to me a few months ago with the Note 3 and Nokia 1520. The 1520 just looked more natural and the Note 3 looked like a kiddie party next to it.

I really don't need the extra gig of ram and the SD 800 has been great for my needs.

Just my impressions and not bad mouthing the S (or Note 3). I just cannot get into the colors on the amoled and really had to question just how off my 50 year old sense of color must be if the S has Adobe RGB coverage of over 90 percent (I think the display at BB said the Pro had 74 percent coverage which is not that bad either). Maybe it is just years of using crappy laptop screens (which I can hardly use now)

With the Pro on sale for $279, I would take that over the S at 399. Especially since you know a reboot Note 8ish is around the corner somewhere this year (with or without the amoled screen). Or just wait a few months for the price of the S to 1/2 like the Pro 8.4 almost did in less than 6 months

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
If your a Samsung fan for phones Samsung has used amoled on their phones for years now for the flagship phones at least. I've used an iPad, nexus 5, Galaxy s2 skyrocket, s3,s4, note 3, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4, and note 10.1 2014 edition and personally I prefer my Samsung phones amoled screens over led. I love the color saturation

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I thought about it... however, with the 8.4 version gimped at 16gb like the Tab Pro, I don't really see the point. I've got about 3.8gb of free space on mine, and I barely have anything installed.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I see tons of interest in the 8.4 because it too is expandable to 128gb, now that apps can go on the card their is no need for a lot of on board memory.

Posted via Android Central App

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I see tons of interest in the 8.4 because it too is expandable to 128gb, now that apps can go on the card their is no need for a lot of on board memory.

Posted via Android Central App

Not all apps can or will support it, and there are some that require on board storage for things like cache/data storage. Google Play movies among them.

Personally even with MicroSD I think it's silly to buy a tablet for $400 that you hope to have for at least a couple years that only has 8GB of usable space built in.

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Not all apps can or will support it, and there are some that require on board storage for things like cache/data storage. Google Play movies among them.

If you're rooted, there's an app called FolderMount which can supposedly work around this. (But isn't there always some kind of workaround in Android for everything? lol)

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
If you're rooted, there's an app called FolderMount which can supposedly work around this. (But isn't there always some kind of workaround in Android for everything? lol)

I really hate it when Google(Android) is more and more like Apple, Inc(iPhone) when it comes to locking the phone down and preventing customization. The Kit Kat / SD card fiasco is one example.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think tablets are a different beast and do not get near the attention on forums that phones do. i took advantage of the trade in best buy was doing and traded in my old nexus 7 as it was starting to give me some problems and so far I am loving the tab s 8.4. The screen is awesome and I like the added size that comes with the 8.4 without being that much larger than the nexus 7. It is definitely a worthy tablet and will easily last people 2 years if not more.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana