How can I get my Galaxy Tab S2 trackpad and keyboard to work?

A

AC Question

how can I get my galaxy tab s2 trackpad and keyboard to work

my trackpad and keyboard on my galaxy tab s2 stopped working so I have to use the touch screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can I get my galaxy tab s2 trackpad and keyboard to work

Welcome to Android Central! What brand of trackpad and keyboard do you have? Is it the official Samsung keyboard case, or a 3rd party? I assume it's Bluetooth--does it still show up as connected in your tablet's Settings>Bluetooth​ menu?

Chrishale555

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What brand of trackpad and keyboard do you have? Is it the official Samsung keyboard case, or a 3rd party? I assume it's Bluetooth--does it still show up as connected in your tablet's Settings>Bluetooth​ menu?

I have the same problem with the trackpad on my Samsung book cover keyboard for galaxy tab s2. I finally got it to stay connected but the trackpad doesn't work at all

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Language & Input. Is there an option there for the mouse pointer?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there's a problem with the keyboard, or with your tablet's connection. (BTW, does the keyboard connect via Bluetooth, or via some kind of physical connector?) Any way you can test your keyboard on another Tab S2--perhaps a display model at your local electronics store?

Chrishale555

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
The keyboard connects via Bluetooth. Unfortunately I am away on business and any other options to test on another device. I have tried to find out if it is possible that the drivers need to be updated but I was not able to find any information. In other post I have seen that with some of the tablet updates have caused the keyboard to be unusable. In my case however, only the trackpad has issues. There is a button on it to turn the Trackpad on/off however when pressed it always displays that the trackpad is turned on, never off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried forgetting the whole Bluetooth keyboard in the tablet's Bluetooth settings, then re-pairing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did it stop working after a recent system update? Are you able to test it out on another Tab S2?

Delenot

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My keyboard does close to the same thing. It seems to go into a sleep mode of sorts that requires me to press the Touchpad On/Off button to wake it. It displays the 'Touchpad turned off/turned on' on the screen, and thens works fine. The 'sleep' timer seems to be set to about 30 seconds, which if that is indeed what it is saves on battery...but is that timer adjustable? 30 seconds is far to fast for my needs.

Socutol

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue, since the latest update my touchpad is not working, the rest of the keyboard is. Did not test the keyboard, which is the official one, on another tab s2 yet, but it worked just fine before the update.. but when able will try that.

Has anyone got any clue on how to solve this???

PRSS

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: how can I get my galaxy tab s2 trackpad and keyboard to work

To get the mousepad and pointer to work, press Ctrl F10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa