Do I wait for a 4G Galaxy Tab?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this Tab. But with LTE, HSPA+, and WiMax being released into the market now, should I wait for a 4G Tab. I love everything about these Tabs and would have been all over the TMobile version because of the pricing and plans. But its upsetting that Samsung didn't, and not even Sprint who has had WiMax on devices for almost 6 months (over a year with the OverDrive). The Size is perfect for what I want, I don't like the iPad. And the financing and $40 Unlimited with SMS/MMS is so effen temping. I know there with always be something new coming. I just wanted a 4G Tab.

Please help me with Pros and Cons on this situation.

Q-fugee

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I vote don't wait, if you really want it now. Get one now and get a WiMax hotspot later if you think you need 4G. Or an LTE hotspot when they come out even later.

Honestly, I hardly ever need 4G on my Epic. It seems like most of the wait while web surfing is for rendering, and most of the app loading time is spent waiting for servers. I don't think I've used 4G for anything but Qik and the Media Hub.

--Qfg

PS Also, there is no 4G Galaxy Tab in the FCC pipeline. Your wait could be a while if that's the case.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
okies, its HSDPA, 7.2mbps, still 3G, lol, not 4G, but not that bad neither

my test shows 3.2mbps down, 0.44mbps up

Last edited: