Tab not Picking up wifi from OG Droid

tbannon4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a verizon tab not activated. I have connected with the wifi at my house and everything worked great. My problem is that the tab is not picking up the wifi signal from my OG Droid. In other words my tether does not show up under Wi-Fi networks on my tab. My OG is rooted and I have Wireless Tether on it and it does work with my laptop. Do any of you know how I can tether my Tab off my OG Droid

thanks for the help

cjmedina

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Try restarting the tab or turning the wifi on and off. I have had this happen a couple times with my home wifi and while tethering to my pre

tbannon4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
so i have found out that the tab does not pick up adhoc. so i have rooted my tab, and have downloaded a new wpa_supplicant. but when i go to over write the old wpa_supplicant with the new one in root explorer. It never does. Its says do you want to overwrite and i hit yes, but it never does it just keeps the old one. anybody know why this is not overwriting. this is all thats holding me back from tethering off my droid

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
so i have found out that the tab does not pick up adhoc. so i have rooted my tab, and have downloaded a new wpa_supplicant. but when i go to over write the old wpa_supplicant with the new one in root explorer. It never does. Its says do you want to overwrite and i hit yes, but it never does it just keeps the old one. anybody know why this is not overwriting. this is all thats holding me back from tethering off my droid

I have had trouble overwriting system files in the past as well.
Instead of overwriting it, do this.
Turn off wifi
rename System/Bin/wpa_supplicant to System/Bin/wpa_supplicant.backup
Now copy the patched wpa_supplicant into the System/Bin/ folder. Change the permissions on the patched wpa_supplicant file so they match the wpa_supplicant.backup file. Now start back up WiFi and you will see adhoc networks and all will be well in the world again.:D

Reactions: tbannon4

tbannon4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have had trouble overwriting system files in the past as well.
Instead of overwriting it, do this.
Turn off wifi
rename System/Bin/wpa_supplicant to System/Bin/wpa_supplicant.backup
Now copy the patched wpa_supplicant into the System/Bin/ folder. Change the permissions on the patched wpa_supplicant file so they match the wpa_supplicant.backup file. Now start back up WiFi and you will see adhoc networks and all will be well in the world again.:D

Hey thanks that worked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95