Galaxy tab stuck on start screen, need to save data

Rawrchul

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I really need some help!

I have had my Galaxy Tab 4 for a year and a half now with no problems, but today after having problems with apps that wouldn't open and restarting the device it wouldn't move past the "Samsung" logo, even after rebooting and finding a way to power down.
Ive seen other posts recommending factory reset but I am desperate not to do this as I have family photographs that I haven't backed up... I know I should have but my device seemed reliable...
I really need to find a way to save all these files. Can anyone give me some advice?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what carrier you're on, but I'm going to link you to a TMobile Safe Mode website. It'll show you how to boot the tablet into Safe Mode. If you have a different carrier, search on Google for how to start your tab in Safe mode.

If safe mode doesn't work, then you might want to try a battery connector removal/reconnection. Yes, you'll have to take the tablet apart to do this. Sometimes a battery disconnection is necessary to reset phones/tablets. If you can't do this yourself, then have someone "capable" help you, or take it to a repair shop to have them do this. I can't imagine it'll cost too much just to disconnect/reconnect the battery to see if the tablet will power up. Whoever it is that does this, have them be very careful not to break anything.

Here's a video on how to replace a battery on a Tab 4 8.0. Use it to see how to dis/reconnect the battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRi14z3mAIU