Galaxy Victory: Emergency Help!!!!

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried restoring my twrp backup on my phone, and now it won't boot. I get the Samsung logo and then the screen turns off. If I try to boot into TWRP I either get a battery image, or when it starts, I can't use the touchscreen. This is a very big deal. I am hoping someone out there can help me resolve this tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Emergency Help!!!!

Welcome to the forums tenchu. The guys are already trying to get you some help. Hang tight.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I tried restoring my twrp backup on my phone, and now it won't boot. I get the Samsung logo and then the screen turns off. If I try to boot into TWRP I either get a battery image, or when it starts, I can't use the touchscreen. This is a very big deal. I am hoping someone out there can help me resolve this tonight.

If the battery is removable, try doing so for about 15 or 20 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I appreciate any help you can give. I am currently trying to download the stock boot.tar and recovery.tar to at least get back to booting up.

I will give that a try.

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

OK, so update.

I can get into twrp everytime now, but still no touchscreen response.

I get stuck at the Samsung logo now, and it doesn't restart. I think I need the stock rom in an odin tar file at this point, at least to get the phone usable again.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

OK, so update.

I can get into twrp everytime now, but still no touchscreen response.

I get stuck at the Samsung logo now, and it doesn't restart. I think I need the stock rom in an odin tar file at this point, at least to get the phone usable again.

Probably. Have you looked for them yet?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Probably. Have you looked for them yet?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Only stock tar I have been able to find is for sprint, and it says 6 hrs to download from their servers.

I found an md5 backup that says 2 1/2 hrs to download. I am starting to have a very tiny glimmer of hope, but still can't get twrp to respond to touchscreen.

Last edited:

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Guess I will have to wait for one of the downloads and hope for the best.

Any thoughts about updating the twrp version from the ported version?

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Well, I did something that is considered stupid for this device, but it just might save me.

I installed CWM 6 and am now trying to install a custom rom to get back up and running. I had to install it 3 times to get it to load, so here's hoping that the install doesn't freeze.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Decided to install cataclysm, since it rebuilds the entire system partition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was a bust, reboot to Samsung logo, then phone reboots into recovery.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Well, I did something that is considered stupid for this device, but it just might save me.

I installed CWM 6 and am now trying to install a custom rom to get back up and running. I had to install it 3 times to get it to load, so here's hoping that the install doesn't freeze.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Decided to install cataclysm, since it rebuilds the entire system partition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was a bust, reboot to Samsung logo, then phone reboots into recovery.

Sorry I have been away from the site for a bit. How is it going?

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Sorry I have been away from the site for a bit. How is it going?

Got victorious ROM installed, but can't get it to go past the splash screen now. I have been staring at the victorious rom splash screen for 15 minutes now.

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I am beginning to lose hope. None of the roms want to go past the Samsung logo and gogh_MG5_stock.tar sent from odin gives a 'secure check fail: modem' message.

I am not sure what is wrong at this point.

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Alright, got into a welcome screen, but touch is still not responding. It was working fine right before this all started.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Anyone have any idea why the touchscreen would have stopped working after a flash?

Did you do a full wipe after flashing the ROM? If not, boot into CWM, and wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache, then reinstall the ROM

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

tenchu98

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Did you do a full wipe after flashing the ROM? If not, boot into CWM, and wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache, then reinstall the ROM

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

I wiped everything before flashing, and the touchscreen isn't working in recovery or the os. It stopped working after trying to restore my twrp backup, and now I can't use twrp because the touch doesn't work.

The touch buttons on the bottom work though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38