Why the lower screen resolution?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Why did they go with 1920 x 1080 vs 2560x1600 like the Note Pro or even higher resolution?

Big screens need big, sharp resolution.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
It's a 1080P display which is fine for media and that's what the View is intended for. Try to use it for reading or productivity and you'll go blind.

iSlandeRon

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Probably also to help with battery life. From my understanding higher resolutions especially UHD and Super Amoled use a lot of battery power.

cperrry1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had the View since Christmas and battery life is incredible, better than my Note Pro which had a larger battery. As far as reading, I have no problem with reading anything. Not sure what people mean by productivity. I use google drive for my writing needs and I see everything fine. I dont put my face to the screen, so I dont see the pixels some speak of. I actually use the View for the opposite of what it was meant for, as a tablet, and I like it better than the Note Pro, but thats just me.
Out of all the devices I have every owned, including the View, Note Pro and Note 4 edge the only dispay I have really been impressed with is my Galaxy tab S. That display is incredible.

I have to say, I set all my devices at very low brightness, or in reading mode because I read and write quite a bit.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about getting one on VZW and the only thing that concerns me is will it fit in a laptop bag.