Why did you pre order the 8 pro?

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I with out hesitation preordered the 8 pro because of the flat screen. That was my single biggest reason as to why. I never liked the curved display but always wanted the bump in specs of the ultra or the pixel pro. The biggest negative for me was always the curved screen on those devices. Thats one thing that would always pull me back to iphone, a nice big flat screen. So glad google decided to ditch the curved display.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Flat screen and that Bey color. Also Pixel 7 pro has dropped in resale value. So the $420
Trade in is not bad. But once the preorder period is over, that $420 will likely get halved. So time was running out as it were.

Reactions: ezdoit

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
As an 11 year Samsung user, I wanted to try something new. I took a hard look at the iPhone15 series, but it was too much work; not as simple as SIM switching. Also, I can't afford to fully invest in the ecosystem if I happen to fall in love. The Pixel 8 release just happened at the right time...with a free Watch.

ezeuzo1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Pixel 1 was good. I really enjoyed my Pixel 2 XL Panda. Haven't been on a Pixel since. So I think it's time

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
As an 11 year Samsung user, I wanted to try something new. I took a hard look at the iPhone15 series, but it was too much work; not as simple as SIM switching. Also, I can't afford to fully invest in the ecosystem if I happen to fall in love. The Pixel 8 release just happened at the right time...with a free Watch.
I traded in my Pixel 7 pro for the S23 ultra. I also looked at getting an iPhone but it's more of a hassle and more expensive to switch to that ecosystem. I'm invested in the hardware and software that Android has.

Sorry if this is off topic.

I didn't even consider the Pixel 8 as an option as I wanted to try Samsung again. I have had more success with them being more reliable and the features that they provide are better suited for me.

I do miss the simplicity of Pixel UI and the simplicity of the point and shoot Pixel camera.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Honestly the free watch and good trade in value for my P6P ($400) had a lot to do with it. I'm pretty happy with the 6 pro but the 8 pro has a few little upgrades like clear calling, photo unblur, face unlock, a flat screen, a 5x tele camera, macro focus, free VPN, etc. that make it worth upgrading to.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I traded in my Pixel 7 pro for the S23 ultra. I also looked at getting an iPhone but it's more of a hassle and more expensive to switch to that ecosystem. I'm invested in the hardware and software that Android has.

I didn't even consider the Pixel 8 as an option as I wanted to try Samsung again. I have had more success with them being more reliable and the features that they provide are better suited for me.

I do miss the simplicity of Pixel UI and the simplicity of the point and shoot Pixel camera.

I saw new Pixel 8 articles everywhere, so I watched some YT videos of the 7 and 7p, watched the launch event, and decided to preorder.

My main concern is living without the "everything but the kitchen sink" approach of Samsung. Some things I didn't even know I needed...and that SPen. But I digress.

The Pixel forum members have been encouraging and honest by saying I'll probably miss some things, but love others.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I saw new Pixel 8 articles everywhere, so I watched some YT videos of the 7 and 7p, watched the launch event, and decided to preorder.

My main concern is living without the "everything but the kitchen sink" approach of Samsung. Some things I didn't even know I needed...and that SPen. But I digress.

The Pixel forum members have been encouraging and honest by saying I'll probably miss some things, but love others.
It's always good to switch and try new things if you can.

Reactions: Katrina White1

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've loved the Pixel line since the very first one. I upgrade every year for the camera, not going to lie, I absolutely love it. Plus I love new devices LOL 😂 Super excited about the P8Pro and the camera for our holiday pictures.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
...the features that they provide are better suited for me.
Read that phrase. Then I read it again. I think that's the simplest, most personal, and ironclad reasoning for buying any product or service from any vendor or OEM. Please don't let that get out, or we could lose out on all the drama we enjoy from watching people trying to impose their preferences on others ;)

johnmims65

Nov 3, 2023
Visit site

Hey quick question are u still happy with the s23 ultra I have it to and I'm currently trying to decide if I would wait and trade it in for s24 ultra, sell for money to by a iphone 15 plus, or return it for a pixel 8 pro. And if I went pixel would I get good trade in for the s24 ultra when pre orders start?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey quick question are u still happy with the s23 ultra I have it to and I'm currently trying to decide if I would wait and trade it in for s24 ultra, sell for money to by a iphone 15 plus, or return it for a pixel 8 pro. And if I went pixel would I get good trade in for the s24 ultra when pre orders start?
I'm absolutely happy with it. I don't use the cameras as much as I used to on smartphones. Even on my recent vacation to Punta Cana with my Pixel 7 pro, I didn't use it as much as I thought I would. It still took some amazing pictures, but I'm confident that the S23 ultra would have been just as good.

It is hard to say how much the trade in for it will be toward an S24 ultra. The trade in amounts have seemed to vary. My gut tells me that the there will be promotions for pre-orders on the S24. And there will be some good carrier deals. I'm pretty much out of the smartphone buying game. I have no reason to trade in my S23 ultra any time soon.

I'm an android guy so there's no reason I'd consider an iPhone unless it was the Pro Max. But like I said it would take a lot of work for me to switch ecosystems. And pretty costly even if it was something I wanted or needed to do.

Hope you're able to make a good decision. I would encourage you to try and find something you really like and learn to be content with it. Most of us will likely never be 100% satisfied with our tech because there's not a perfect device out there. And because our wants and needs do change over time.

I wish sometimes I could be happy or satisfied with an iPhone and keep it for 3+ years. Instead I find myself looking at the new shiny Android phones and think of ways that would make me happy instead of learning to love the phone I have. At least with Samsung, there are a ton of features to mess around with. I get bored very quickly using an iPhone.

johnmims65

Nov 3, 2023
Visit site
I'm absolutely happy with it. I don't use the cameras as much as I used to on smartphones. Even on my recent vacation to Punta Cana with my Pixel 7 pro, I didn't use it as much as I thought I would. It still took some amazing pictures, but I'm confident that the S23 ultra would have been just as good.

It is hard to say how much the trade in for it will be toward an S24 ultra. The trade in amounts have seemed to vary. My gut tells me that the there will be promotions for pre-orders on the S24. And there will be some good carrier deals. I'm pretty much out of the smartphone buying game. I have no reason to trade in my S23 ultra any time soon.

I'm an android guy so there's no reason I'd consider an iPhone unless it was the Pro Max. But like I said it would take a lot of work for me to switch ecosystems. And pretty costly even if it was something I wanted or needed to do.

Hope you're able to make a good decision. I would encourage you to try and find something you really like and learn to be content with it. Most of us will likely never be 100% satisfied with our tech because there's not a perfect device out there. And because our wants and needs do change over time.

I wish sometimes I could be happy or satisfied with an iPhone and keep it for 3+ years. Instead I find myself looking at the new shiny Android phones and think of ways that would make me happy instead of learning to love the phone I have. At least with Samsung, there are a ton of features to mess around with. I get bored very quickly using an iPhone.
Yeah was only wondering about the iPhone cause I recently pre ordered the m3 macbook pro

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Managed to get it for less than half price. Thought I'd give it a shot and see how much the Pixel line has improved after the Pixel 6 Pro.

Had to preorder it as the offer was only available in the preorder window.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

😉

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Traded in my iPhone at BB and only paid $50 for an unlocked P8P and got the Watch2 for free. Did the same deal for my wife so it was pretty much a no brainer to swap back, especially since we were already looking to come back to Android anyways.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos