How will you handle Gear S to prevent humidity, liquid, and moisture?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I am excited to get it in the next few days. As noted in the recent Youtube videos, we need to keep humidity, liquid, and moisture from the watch, especially near the sim card and display area (for me the speaker area too). Since many of us seem to love the gym, running, and maybe doing dishes...how can we prevent these precautions from possibly damaging our watch?

Last edited:

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
When I saw that I actually was alarmed. What's the point of promoting IP67 and then say that. Makes me wonder the quality of the water resistant as I can go as long as 6-8 miles on a jog/hike

Posted via the Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am excited to get it in the next few days. As noted in the recent Youtube videos, we need to keep humidity, liquid, and moisture from the watch, especially near the sim card and display area (for me the speaker area too). Since many of us seem to love the gym, running, and maybe doing dishes...how can we prevent these precautions from possibly damaging our watch?

IMO, doing all you mention, except the DISHES. IMO, the dishes would be out of place. Example, if you were sporting a ROLEX, would you wash dishes with it on?????? :D

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is definitely a concern of mine as well. While I can compromise and not use it while swimming I most certainly should be able to use the Gear S when it is hot outside while running. So it seems a protection/replacement plan might be needed if the Gear S can't really handle common moisture conditions like perspiration or a rain shower that might happen when on the beach while running.

I wonder if these can provide some protection since it is for the screen and body.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4027255

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi®-Tech...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4027255

Last edited:

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
If you guys are wanting something more fitness based I highly suggest the Basis Peak. I had the second version and I loved it but it was hideous. The basis peak will be out the 10th so I highly suggest looking into it.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ehosey2. The videos show screen protectors are not recommended on the watch. Besides, it also isn't nescessary to prevent scratches as I have initially thought.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ehosey2. The videos show screen protectors are not recommended on the watch. Besides, it also isn't nescessary to prevent scratches as I have initially thought.
I saw where it said that screen protectors can interfere with the sensors but I was a bit curious about what amount of protection the body protector might provide... probably just cosmetic and nothing more.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I saw where it said that screen protectors can interfere with the sensors but I was a bit curious about what amount of protection the body protector might provide... probably just cosmetic and nothing more.
Ah, got it.

As for preventing sweat accumulation, I would have a small micro fiber cloth with me during my run and tennis, and even on a super humid day...just to wipe off the sweat off as needed. I know, sounds like a hassle, but I guess it's worth it as a trade off.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Work that much hassle I'd be better off just buying the SW3

Posted via the Android Central App

EvenASA

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
IMO, doing all you mention, except the DISHES. IMO, the dishes would be out of place. Example, if you were sporting a ROLEX, would you wash dishes with it on?????? :D

If I had a Rolex I most likely would not do the dishes... But to keep it serious: I went scuba diving to over 30m with a guy wearing a 10k dollar Rolex . His logic: I paid for waterproof luxury watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer