Gear S and Gear Manager.

Mattyboy3352

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So, I've been trying to solve an issue I have. I have a Note 4 and just picked up the Solo last week. After an hour of trying to get the Solo to connect via Gear Manager it finally connected. Anyways, now that it's connected the Gear Manager is being a pain. I can only access the S Health settings....that's it. When I try to get into any other portion of the Manager it immediately shots me back to the Manager main screen. I've tried everything I can think of....uninstalling/reinstalling app, signing out of my Samsung Account and clearing the data/cache for the app to the complete factory reset of my phone and nothing.

I'm getting frustrated because I know there are features that I'm missing out on. I can't even send a pic from my Note to the Solo without the Gear Manager plug-in crashing. I contacted Samsung and was told to do everything I had already done.

Anyone been able to solve this issue or am I stuck waiting till there's another update for the Manager?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
First off, I am a layman/newbie, with that said, the one hour to get the Gear S to connect to the Note 4 should be a clue that something is going on. Whether it be hardware, software or user error. Me being a newbie, as soon as I got my Gear S, I d/l the Gear Manager followed the prompts in about 5 minutes or less it was done. If you even think the Gear S is faulty, it is just a couple days old, I suggest returning it and getting another one. If the same thing happens again, we know it is not the Gear S, so we look to the Note 4 and user error..

Just a newbie's opinion...

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I second that. I would take it a step further and reset both the gear and the phone. But being pretty technical it doesn't sound like the watch it could be the phone. I would just do a factory reset on both and start over. I know if you had the phone for a while and got it set up and fine tuned a factory reset sounds like a pain but I recommend that. If you take it to the store they will do it anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699