LTE edition battery sucks?

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I got the T-Mobile LTE edition.

It seems that the advertised "up tp 4 days" battery is not even close for the LTE version.
I put the watch on this morning at around 9am and by 8pm - with literally no use just some notifications and being half of the day at home - the watch is at 8%.

Does anyone has a similar issue? I wasn't expecting 4 days anyways but I was hoping it would at least get through the day lol.. .very disappointing.

F.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: LET edition battery sucks?

I've got the ATT LTE version. Have the always on display enabled. S3 was at 100% around 6 am and is currently at 52% at 8:19 pm. Not a heavy notification person but definitely get my fair share of them.

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Always on display is on and off? What other settings do you have on/off? Is the LTE on auto on yours?
Always on is on and auto forwarding is on. Been on my wrist since 9am, used it at the gym as a standalone, it's now 11pm, and my watch is at 44%

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

just factory reseted and will check again tomorrow to see if i see any improvement. i have always on display on as well,
bluetooth on of course, wifi off, gps off, and auto forwarding on as well

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site

Pretty much the same as you. BT and the AOD. wifi, gps off. Looking at my battery usage my screen display was 52%. I'm going to turn on GPS and see how that affects it tomorrow. I don't have call forwarding on but doesn't seem like that would be a huge strain but who knows.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site

Hopefully it resolves itself. I don't see getting 4 days out of it but 2 seems doable with the AOD. I charge my smartwatches every night so as long as I can go at least a day I'm usually good to go. Curious to hear if yours does better tomorrow.

thetbg

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I have had mine on for 24 hrs now, wifi on, bt on, auto forwarding on, AOD off, used gps once for 40 minutes, medium to heavy notifications, notifications turned off at night, cellular connection on auto and I am sitting at 40%. I figure once I get the battery trained and I don't play with it so much I will get close to three days.

Last edited:

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I got the T-Mobile LTE edition.

It seems that the advertised "up tp 4 days" battery is not even close for the LTE version.
I put the watch on this morning at around 9am and by 8pm - with literally no use just some notifications and being half of the day at home - the watch is at 8%.

Does anyone has a similar issue? I wasn't expecting 4 days anyways but I was hoping it would at least get through the day lol.. .very disappointing.

F.

Did you put it on the charger from the beginning, or did you just go with whatever charge was on it? How is it working today?

thetbg

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I am placing mine back on the charger after 36 hours will experiment with different settings, over the next few days and will let you know the best setting. This time I am turning the cell radio off and keeping wifi on auto and still sticking with AOD off.

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

So I am having the opposite effect of how it should have been. It is getting worse as the battery get trained, not better. With the initial charge that my watch had, i got nearly two days out of it with AOD on and still had power left over. Every charge since then has gotten worse and worse with none of the settings having been changed.

Today, I took it off the charger this morning around 7:00 and have had AOD OFF for most of the day and am already down to 50% at 2:00pm. Not nearly what I was getting initially with the AOD turn on.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site

Wow, that's crazy. I turned GPS on last night, every other setting should be the same as yesterday. Today: 100% at 6:30 am and at 2:30 pm I'm at 71%. Per my post yesterday evening I was at 52% around 8 pm. So unless I have a dramatic change in the next 6 hrs it's tracking pretty much the same as yesterday with GPS enabled. Would assume GPS would've caused a bigger drain. Might turn off AOD tomorrow and see what happens. Really like the display on though.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Wow, that's crazy. I turned GPS on last night, every other setting should be the same as yesterday. Today: 100% at 6:30 am and at 2:30 pm I'm at 71%. Per my post yesterday evening I was at 52% around 8 pm. So unless I have a dramatic change in the next 6 hrs it's tracking pretty much the same as yesterday with GPS enabled. Would assume GPS would've caused a bigger drain. Might turn off AOD tomorrow and see what happens. Really like the display on though.
Have you been using any apps that are polling GPS though?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

you guys are doing ok with the LTE. On my non-LTE, I was at 100% at 7am and am now 57% at 5pm with moderate / moderately heavy use, AOD on brightness 5, no vibration, with 1 day 5 hours remaining. This means best case I would get 2 days with solid usage of the watch. I'm perfectly fine as like the other post, I charge each night, and if I forgot one night, would get a solid 2 days, maybe with a 15/20 minute charge if I had time. Coming from wear 1.5 where I would be at 20% or 15% at the end of the day (sometimes 30%), I am good with this, and actually a little surprised that you are getting 2 days with LTE .. that's pretty good. I never really expected 4 days.. 3 would have been great (which means 2 days realistically) and maybe as I play with it a little less and perhaps with some optimizations (less playing with the watch faces, installing apps, using gear to move apps around, etc), I'll get 2 solid days regularly and easily.

Edit: I have GPS on, AOD on (brightness 5), auto dim on, recording heart rate automatically (every hour), weather updates hourly.

Edit 2: Wifi on

Last edited:

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site

Good point, I haven't really used an app to fully utilize the GPS but I'm still pleased that having the location function enabled hasn't been a huge deal.
bckrupps, that's pretty impressive. Nearly a day of use and at 72%.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I disconnected my t-mobile gear s3 at around 6:40 am it is now 4:10 pm and it's at 91% battery that's with a few text messages, a few Facebook messages, a call and just me messing with it, I didn't even get this good battery with the gear fit 2 so I'm happy, but I don't use the always on display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles