Samsung Pay not available on my S3 or gear manager

Fasttrak2010

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Phone and a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Watch. I do not have a link in the settings tab on the Gear Manager app for Samsung Pay, I downloaded an updated version of the app yesterday. Also my Gear doesn't have Samsung Pay installed. I push on the back button and hold it and Samsung Pay does not start. I contacted Samsung Support and they are telling me I have to wait for an update. Is this true? I see alot of people using Samsung Pay on their S3, what am I waiting for?

Sword fish

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Where is your watch from?*Only the watches from US, Australia and Singapore have the Samsung Pay app installed. Not sure why only those three because other countries have*Samsung Pay but can't use it on the watches yet.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Damn this sucks but makes sense. I bought a Bluetooth frontier at a brick and mortar best buy. It had Samsung pay installed. Decided to switch to classic, so returned it, but could only find classic online from Amazon and Walmart online. Bought both units, both do not have Samsung pay installed bc are international units. Both getting returned.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Damn this sucks but makes sense. I bought a Bluetooth frontier at a brick and mortar best buy. It had Samsung pay installed. Decided to switch to classic, so returned it, but could only find classic online from Amazon and Walmart online. Bought both units, both do not have Samsung pay installed bc are international units. Both getting returned.

Yeah I personally wouldn't buy this online or via placing an order with Amazon or anyone else. It has to be in stock at a best buy or ATT for me to buy it. I don't trust the ordering it online stuff (for electronics) Too many issues like this occurring.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to see if buying from Amazon direct as seller will resolve issue. Both Amazon and Walmart online purchases were from third-party resellers. That may be the heart of the problem.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to see if buying from Amazon direct as seller will resolve issue. Both Amazon and Walmart online purchases were from third-party resellers. That may be the heart of the problem.

Probably true. I think at this point since stock is not available and not likely to be anytime soon. I'll just wait until AW 2.0 is out so I can compare next year's watches. Just frustrating to want to be an early adopter and not able. Oh well, that's $300 I can spend on the kids or save or something 😃

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ha....just got an email from Samsung Tech Support.. I emailed yesterday specifically about the missing SP app on international version...they sent me two links to Samsung forum answers telling me to how to use Samsung pay on Gear S3 for first time as if it was installed, and how to check for software update on the Gear S2 using gear manager app. What a load of crap. Probably just some lowly Samsung customer service rep checking off that they took action on a customer service email...so lame.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Be careful and check whether amazon is an authorized retailer... Only reason I say that is I've seen them sell other electronics direct but not actually be an authorized seller and so voids warranty support. You'll still get whatever amazon policy exists, and I've found then to be good, but worth checking out first just in case.

cpiekarski

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Anusha R'. The reference number for this chat is ...
Anusha R: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?

Chris: Hi. Just got the international version of the gear s3. Samsung Pay is not installed on the watch. It doesn't show up in the gear manager app. I have a Google pixel xl phone and live in the United States. Is there a way to install Samsung Pay on this watch at this time?

Anusha R: Hello chris.

Anusha R: Please give me a few minutes to review the information you have shared.

Chris: FYI I have updated the gear manager app and the S3 software.

Anusha R: I understand that you are not able to install samsung pay. Am I correct?

Chris: Yes. I am hearing it may be an issue specific to the international version of the watch.

Anusha R: I have checked our resources,

Anusha R: I would like to inform you that Samsung pay does not install on international version as it supports only US version. Because Samsung pay is the US app.

Chris: There is no solution?

Anusha R: Samsung eam is working on Samsung pay to make use of it over all the world. However it will get resolved soon.

Chris: Thanks. Any timeline?

Anusha R: Sorry we do not have any estimated timr.

Anusha R: *time

Chris: OK. Thank you. Have a nice day.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I returned the Frontier bc I like the look of the classic better..plus I put a blemish on the bezel in just a few days... It scratched too easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87