Moment 2.1 Changes/Findings Thread

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Just an update. Sorry, still couldn't get that to work on either my Moment with 2.1 or my wife's with 1.5. Neither of ours is rooted if that makes a difference. That's okay. I would like to back hers up so she will want the update but she doesn't want to go through what I've gone through. With the new battery my phone stayed at 100% all night, so I'm a happy camper. Thank you for all your unselfish help you are giving me and everyone else here. I hope people appreciate what a treasure it is to have someone like you on the board. :D

If you would be more comfortable going into a sprint store to have them do it.
Tell them you want a system backup from recovery. If they look at you dumbfoundedly. Just walk out.
Or you can do some reading without actually doing anything to your phone at SDX-Developers. They have the best instructions in detail for anything you want to do with your phone. Root, custom roms, deleting bloatware like Bejeweled Demo. Not just removing it from the home screen, im talking off the phone permanently. Adding live wallpaper. Unlocking protected apps in the market.Etc etc..

Last edited:

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I've mentioned this before in other forums, but is it just me, or is the video capture quality gotten much worse with the 2.1 update? No matter which setting I use, it's not good, and in fact is much worse using the High setting than the Low.

Andyvan

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I feel your loss. Unfortunately My Backup Pro only backs up data and apps. What you needed to do was to boot into recovery, by holding down... "vol down, send, and end keys" selecting system then backup. This makes a COMPLETE backup of your entire system. Settings and such as well. Im not sure if there is a app or program that does what NV Backup does for the Android. If everything was on your sd card it will still be there, youll just have to find the program or app to open it again. And as far as your paid apps go, all you should have to do is to reinstall them. If it doesnt work email the developers of the apps and they should let you redownload for free

Okay, I've booted up into the "Android system recovery <2e>". I see four options:
  1. reboot system now
  2. apply sdcard:update.zip
  3. wipe data/factory reset
  4. wipe cache partition

None of those sound like "system" or "backup".

Please be a little more explicit about which options to choose.

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I was wondering if you were assuming non-standard firmware. It wasn't obvious from your post.

My sincere apologies. Ive been running SDX firmware and downloads since I get the phone. Was like stock to me.

Yes the backups for both system and data can only be performed from SDX-Developers downloads. Just download the recovery 3.0.8, and flash it just the same as you did the new 2.1 DE03 firmware. Only takes 4 seconds after clicking start software download. Then you can boot into recovery and do the backups.

Last edited:

rbaucom

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I updated mine and my wife moment to the official 2.1 update. We are both experiencing the evdo lockup now. As in 10 minutes internet usage and need to reboot. I have noticed that the signal bar strength fluctuates wildly, based on CPU usage.
There needs to be a toggle that can force close the radio thread. Similar to the PRL update. At this point I will reflash the rom to a new one if anyone who had major evdo problems tell me what rom they used. Please advise!

lilazntriksta

May 19, 2010
Visit site
timeout screen

After I updated my moment to 2.1, I noticed that I can no longer just tap the power button to black & lock the screen, I have to wait to the timeout, which is rather inconvenient.

I also noticed that if I do not use a unlock pattern, there is nothing to prevent any accidental touches (such as if it lights up in your pocket)

Am I just doing something wrong?

iKenny

May 20, 2010
Visit site
anyone else experiencing issues of the phone just locking up randomly after the 2.1 update?

only option has been to remove battery

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
anyone else experiencing issues of the phone just locking up randomly after the 2.1 update?

only option has been to remove battery

I have that before and after the update.. so no change.. that with the radio lock ups makes me want to chuck the phone out the window.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
After I updated my moment to 2.1, I noticed that I can no longer just tap the power button to black & lock the screen, I have to wait to the timeout, which is rather inconvenient.

I also noticed that if I do not use a unlock pattern, there is nothing to prevent any accidental touches (such as if it lights up in your pocket)

My screen turns off when pressing the power button.

When you press the power button to turn the screen on, you should get the unlock screen where you tap and drag the unlock icon to the right to unlock the screen.

Last edited:

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

i think there's something wrong with your phone.

when i press power mine blacks out and locks.

also unless your receiving a phone call your screen should not light up unless you press the power button, still you would have to use the lock pattern or slide the bar to unlock depending on your settings.

try reflashing 2.1 again

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I noticed something small that I grew accustomed to. The virtual keyboard no longer vibrates and makes a clicking sounds when typing with it. I hardly use the virtual keyboard but when I did I liked hearing the sound and feeling the vibe when pressing a key, lets me know when I'm actually pressing something.....lol

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed something small that I grew accustomed to. The virtual keyboard no longer vibrates and makes a clicking sounds when typing with it. I hardly use the virtual keyboard but when I did I liked hearing the sound and feeling the vibe when pressing a key, lets me know when I'm actually pressing something.....lol

thats just the settings, go to settings- language&keyboard - android onscreen keyboard settings and check vibrate on keypress and sound on keypress.

then you will get what you want