Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It seems as if the Moment was made to run 2.1 and they just put 1.5 to irritate us.

Default timeout screen

After I updated my moment to 2.1, I noticed that I can no longer just tap the power button to black & lock the screen, I have to wait to the timeout, which is rather inconvenient.

I also noticed that if I do not use a unlock pattern, there is nothing to prevent any accidental touches (such as if it lights up in your pocket)

Am I just doing something wrong?

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Hmm.. mine still blacks out when I press the power button.

anyone else experiencing issues of the phone just locking up randomly after the 2.1 update?

only option has been to remove battery

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by iKenny View Post
    anyone else experiencing issues of the phone just locking up randomly after the 2.1 update?

only option has been to remove battery
    I have that before and after the update.. so no change.. that with the radio lock ups makes me want to chuck the phone out the window.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilazntriksta View Post
    After I updated my moment to 2.1, I noticed that I can no longer just tap the power button to black & lock the screen, I have to wait to the timeout, which is rather inconvenient.

I also noticed that if I do not use a unlock pattern, there is nothing to prevent any accidental touches (such as if it lights up in your pocket)

My screen turns off when pressing the power button.

When you press the power button to turn the screen on, you should get the unlock screen where you tap and drag the unlock icon to the right to unlock the screen.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 05-20-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Kenny, that happens to me about once every other day. Definitely annoying but (at least for me) something I can live with.

Quote Originally Posted by lilazntriksta View Post

i think there's something wrong with your phone.

when i press power mine blacks out and locks.

also unless your receiving a phone call your screen should not light up unless you press the power button, still you would have to use the lock pattern or slide the bar to unlock depending on your settings.

try reflashing 2.1 again

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

I noticed something small that I grew accustomed to. The virtual keyboard no longer vibrates and makes a clicking sounds when typing with it. I hardly use the virtual keyboard but when I did I liked hearing the sound and feeling the vibe when pressing a key, lets me know when I'm actually pressing something.....lol
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    I noticed something small that I grew accustomed to. The virtual keyboard no longer vibrates and makes a clicking sounds when typing with it. I hardly use the virtual keyboard but when I did I liked hearing the sound and feeling the vibe when pressing a key, lets me know when I'm actually pressing something.....lol
    thats just the settings, go to settings- language&keyboard - android onscreen keyboard settings and check vibrate on keypress and sound on keypress.

then you will get what you want

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Quote Originally Posted by fatsack View Post
    thats just the settings, go to settings- language&keyboard - android onscreen keyboard settings and check vibrate on keypress and sound on keypress.

then you will get what you want
    You are AWESOME!! Tell me why I didn't see that in the settings menu.....
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    I have that before and after the update.. so no change.. that with the radio lock ups makes me want to chuck the phone out the window.
    So pleased I am not the only one. here's the story....

3 minutes to turn on. Few seconds for widgets to load.

Within minutes becomes progressively laggy, within hours it is freezing and force closing any app. If I can get one call off within the dialer, which normally freezes up constantly... after that call the phone basically is a brick and nothing happens. Doesn't lock, but freezes so nothing can be done. It's so frustrating.

where do you go to update the phone i have gotten nothing on my phone to update where do you go to get the update there are some apps on 2.1 i really want

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I have had mine for less than a week and have upgraded to the 2.1. I want to avoid the screen unlock every time I "wake up" the phone, How do I do this?
    Thanks,
    Jo

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Exclamation To update

Quote Originally Posted by harwell2010 View Post
    where do you go to update the phone i have gotten nothing on my phone to update where do you go to get the update there are some apps on 2.1 i really want
    I have sprint, so I went to and clicked on the moment. You have to click on more detail in the box to get all the instructions, but it is very simple and easy to do.

Default Just did the 2.1 update.

As my title suggests I just did the 2.1 update today, and I loved it.

Worked great for about 10 hours.

As I was getting ready for bed I turned my phone off and turned it back on, and it "sets itself" to 8pm this past evening and keeps itself in Airplane mode, EVERY single time i turn it off and on.

Any suggestions?!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123