Samsung Replenish Low on space: Phone storage space is getting low

1999ws9

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have suggestions of how to maintain a Gmail account on the phone so I do not get this message? I have 2 Gmail accounts on my phone. I always keep the inboxes to the barest 5 to 10 emails. Why do I have this message on my phone and I no longer get notified when a new email arrives?

I have root and used Link2SD but with the minimal apps I have 16mb free.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
According to the specs I see on the web, the Replenish only has 256 MB of RAM and 512 MB of available ROM (internal storage). By today's standards, this is really small, so you may be starting to hit the ceiling of what you can possibly do with that phone using current versions of Google apps. Review this guide, and see if any of the tips help you to free up more space:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Matt's guide links to the Data2SD method of using the SD card for internal memory. I prefer the Link2SD method because it lets you choose which apps get put on the SD card, therefore you can keep core functions on internal memory so that your phone doesn't fail if the SD card fails or is removed. There is a newer app, called Mounts2SD that seems to have more functionality than Link2SD while preserving your phone's core functions in the event of an SD card failure or removal. I haven't tried Mounts2SD yet because Link2SD gives me all the space that I need. But it may be worth looking into.

Otherwise, following is a guide that I wrote that provides detailed instructions on how to improve the performance and expand the memory on the Replenish. It includes a section on the pros & cons of Link2SD vs. Data2SD. Follow these instructions and you'll turn your Replenish into a decent phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ce-memory-your-replenish-make-nice-phone.html

1999ws9

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Great, thanks for the more specific input, folks!

Agreed. I appreciate the replies. I was able to use the Link2SD app to delete Google Play Books and that freed up 10mb alone. Now I'm chugging along at 25mb free and able to update my must have apps. Now I just gotta keep Books from reinstalling. :) I might try those other methods when I feel lucky and have time. For now I'm good to go. Thanks everyone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2